Home

360 Problems, discuss them here

This is a discussion on 360 Problems, discuss them here within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: What 360 are you playing on currently?
I'm on my 1st 360 323 46.34%
I'm on my 2nd 360 234 33.57%
I'm on my 3rd 360 88 12.63%
I'm on my 4th 360 25 3.59%
I'm on my 5th 360 9 1.29%
I'm on my 6th 360 3 0.43%
I'm on my 7th 360 0 0%
I'm on my 8th 360 0 0%
I'm on my 9th 360, can you freakin' believe it?! 15 2.15%
Voters: 697. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 01:06 AM   #1009
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 360 Ring of Death? Discuss it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
This is rediculous. My 2nd 360 is now messed up. I've been playing NCAA 08 and it'll start randomly freezing. Now its to the point where it can't read any discs and if it does read the disc it will freeze after a few minutes of playing. I didn't pay $400 for a system that I can only play for 90% of the year that stops working right before my two most anticipated games come out. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do at this point? I guess I'm going to have to send it in and be without my 360 for the rest of summer and not be able to play NCAA and APF.
Me and my brother are contemplating buying another one since we'll be going to college in a year so we would both have one to take but it seems pretty rediculous to have to spend $400 more for something I already have because the other one doesn't work correctly. I may just buy a core and put it on ebay after I get the other one back but I dono how much money I'd be losing for selling it used. Any other suggestions?

Dude I feel your pain. Mine started freezin up like yours yesterday. It keeps teasin me though cuz I was just able to play it for a couple of hours with no problems. I called M$ today and thay are supposed to be sendin me a box. I don't know what to do I'm so confused
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #1010
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
when u send premiums in for repair do they still give u replacements with hdds?
No.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #1011
Banned

OVR: 62

Some good news, apparently the repair center is only backed up 2-4 weeks now, not 4-6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 09:15 AM   #1012
Banned

ChrisHero's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Some good news, apparently the repair center is only backed up 2-4 weeks now, not 4-6.
Awesome, I'm only hoping that it somehow gets here before the end of the week.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #1013
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

I have tried to read a few pages back so I know a little about this stuff. I got my 260 for Christmas and I think it is dieing. I got NCAA last night and 2 min into my first game, it freezes up with a black screen. I restart everything and now it freezes everytime with liek some snowy looking lines. There was one time when I rebooted my console and it did show some red lights. I just put NFS Carbon in and it played fine. NCAA won't play at all. I have had dirty disc errors since I have had it and freezing problems.

The sad thing is I don't even hardly ever play it because I don't want it to break. My PS2 still gets more hours and NCAA is the only game i really play on 360. It is pretty sad these things are so fragile.

My other question (which I saw some talking about) is can I go buy a 360 from Kmart or Walmart and switch the console and take it back? I did this once or twice with my PS2 and it worked. Can this still be done or have people caught on?

IT sucks that it happened the night I get NCAA. So depressing, and I took today off from work so I could play it and now I have nothing to do.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #1014
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8kevin
I have tried to read a few pages back so I know a little about this stuff. I got my 260 for Christmas and I think it is dieing. I got NCAA last night and 2 min into my first game, it freezes up with a black screen. I restart everything and now it freezes everytime with liek some snowy looking lines. There was one time when I rebooted my console and it did show some red lights. I just put NFS Carbon in and it played fine. NCAA won't play at all. I have had dirty disc errors since I have had it and freezing problems.

The sad thing is I don't even hardly ever play it because I don't want it to break. My PS2 still gets more hours and NCAA is the only game i really play on 360. It is pretty sad these things are so fragile.

My other question (which I saw some talking about) is can I go buy a 360 from Kmart or Walmart and switch the console and take it back? I did this once or twice with my PS2 and it worked. Can this still be done or have people caught on?

IT sucks that it happened the night I get NCAA. So depressing, and I took today off from work so I could play it and now I have nothing to do.
Well if you take it back you'll only be exchanging it for another defective 360.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #1015
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
If your box has been there more than 48-72 hours, call them, yell at them, and tell them to send another out now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #1016
MVP

OVR: 11

I may end up just buying another 360 and keeping both for now. This way I can have one downstairs and one upstairs(we have 2 HDTVs) and me and my brother will both have one to take to college in a year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »