Home

I am such a Sucka!!!!

This is a discussion on I am such a Sucka!!!! within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am such a Sucka!!!!

Have been waiting to get a xbox 360 for awhile and have not been able to afford it. It has been killing me because I have seen how great the graphics are and all I play is sports games....Hockey and Baseball as my 2 favorites. Went on to e-bay for the 1st time on Tuesday and ended up bidding on an xbox and got it for $165.....did not know until after I closed on it that it did not include a controller and I had to buy a memory card...but that was my fault I did not scroll down and see what was included....went out purchased both along w/ a brand new copy of MLB 2K7......waiting 4 days w/ the game and nothing to play it in. Skip ahead to today....get home and the box is at my doorstep.....finally a 360. Opened it and hooked it up and noticed it was blinking red...booted it up and tried it again....same thing. The console on the front was a light brown, like it had been in the sun for a couple of weeks, which had me a little worried. Boxed it up and went down the street to EB Games and had them look at it...they all laughed and said they had seen this happen before....never right out of the box though. Long story short....the machine is a lemon! When I closed on it they said no returns sold as is....so it is my fault to a degree...I just can't believe they sent a bogus product.....learned a valuable lasson! I have already sent them a couple of e-mails just asking for my money back.....not going to happen it looks like. I am totally tapped at the moment and the purchases of the console, game, controller and memory card have eliminated me purchasing another machine....and by the way the name of the company I bought it from was Dealtree.....stay away from them.

And lastly, to add salt to the wound I traded in my Xbox and all my games....so know I have nothing.....and I am looking at my 2k7 game and Derek Jeter is just looking at me and laughing saying no game for you...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: I am such a Sucka!!!!

Before this thread is deleted: Sorry man, that's sad and bad at the same time. I never buy electronics unless new and from an electronics store, and never without an extended warranty.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

if they didn't mentioned anything on it being broken you can still file a report with ebay or paypal. I would just try if I were you.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

OMG! Nobody deserves to have this happen to him.

I really hope that you can get this resolved in your favor. Good luck, bro!

BigBlue.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus007
Have been waiting to get a xbox 360 for awhile and have not been able to afford it. It has been killing me because I have seen how great the graphics are and all I play is sports games....Hockey and Baseball as my 2 favorites. Went on to e-bay for the 1st time on Tuesday and ended up bidding on an xbox and got it for $165.....did not know until after I closed on it that it did not include a controller and I had to buy a memory card...but that was my fault I did not scroll down and see what was included....went out purchased both along w/ a brand new copy of MLB 2K7......waiting 4 days w/ the game and nothing to play it in. Skip ahead to today....get home and the box is at my doorstep.....finally a 360. Opened it and hooked it up and noticed it was blinking red...booted it up and tried it again....same thing. The console on the front was a light brown, like it had been in the sun for a couple of weeks, which had me a little worried. Boxed it up and went down the street to EB Games and had them look at it...they all laughed and said they had seen this happen before....never right out of the box though. Long story short....the machine is a lemon! When I closed on it they said no returns sold as is....so it is my fault to a degree...I just can't believe they sent a bogus product.....learned a valuable lasson! I have already sent them a couple of e-mails just asking for my money back.....not going to happen it looks like. I am totally tapped at the moment and the purchases of the console, game, controller and memory card have eliminated me purchasing another machine....and by the way the name of the company I bought it from was Dealtree.....stay away from them.

And lastly, to add salt to the wound I traded in my Xbox and all my games....so know I have nothing.....and I am looking at my 2k7 game and Derek Jeter is just looking at me and laughing saying no game for you...
In just looked this guys up, and man they don't even speak english, there speaking like german or something, did you see this before you bought.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Sorry man, that's sad and bad at the same time. I never buy electronics unless new and from an electronics store, and never without an extended warranty.
I have to agree with baa7. I feel the same. I too am sorry you got burned by some bottom feeder. There could be a light at the end of the tunnel though. Like,getting it fixed by a competent repair shop,somewhere? or,you could do what I did when I got my 360 last year. I used the ole' evil plastic card,yes...I know. Credit cards can be trouble. But,I put it on my regular card,then transfered to one of those"no interest on a balance transfer until December 2007" I paid it off by November of last year- and got my new 360 for no interest! sweet deal. Plus,I got my 360 at Best Buy with the 2 year extended warranty. So,if it dies,I get a new one,right there. No waiting for Microsoft to send me one. I really do hope you get a new Xbox soon though, good luck.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:30 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I sold my broken box on ebay, but I mentioned it and got 275 for it. Paid the difference to get a new one, the following week, ms announcecs all repairs will now be free. ratsafretafreck....... good 'ole flintstone.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:18 AM   #8
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Exactly why I would never buy a damn thing on e-bay or anything like that. You CANNOT trust people anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »