Home

X-Box 360: Is it worth it?

This is a discussion on X-Box 360: Is it worth it? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #17
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: X-Box 360: Is it worth it?

I would recommend the xbox 360. There are plenty of quality games you can buy used in Amazon or eBay for nice prices, since you are working with a limited budget. I have to agree with the poster before regarding xbox 360 gaining momentum. Ubisoft still hasn't release GRAW, Rainbow 6, nor Splinter Cell for PS3 yet. When Splinter Cell Double Agent is finally released for PS3, xbox360 will be getting the next SC installment, Conviction, which is 360/PC-exclusive. If a big player in the industry such as Ubi seems to tilt (at least a little bit) toward the 360, I think it's safe to jump on the bandwagon. You never know, maybe EA will be next to divert more resource toward developing for 360, and PS3 versions will be port-overs.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #18
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

My friend I'm not going to bust your chops....

But your not taking a plunge by buying a xbox360.

Your making a great investment, into the future of gaming....something you should have did over a year ago. The system was great at launch and got better with time. No need in questioning should you get one, and is it worth it.

Your question should have been, why haven't I done it already. I know you only make 30k a year, but there are many ways of investing money in getting one. I use to be a financial advisor for Ameriprise...and trust me, I could have made your life great..lol...

But seriously the system is wonderful, XBL is a dream come true, for online gamers, not to mention...The game selection is amazing, and is going to get much, much better over the next few weeks to months....

So buddy, don't plunge, invest and enjoy...
Old 05-18-2007, 11:03 AM   #19
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
I would recommend the xbox 360. There are plenty of quality games you can buy used in Amazon or eBay for nice prices, since you are working with a limited budget. I have to agree with the poster before regarding xbox 360 gaining momentum. Ubisoft still hasn't release GRAW, Rainbow 6, nor Splinter Cell for PS3 yet. When Splinter Cell Double Agent is finally released for PS3, xbox360 will be getting the next SC installment, Conviction, which is 360/PC-exclusive. If a big player in the industry such as Ubi seems to tilt (at least a little bit) toward the 360, I think it's safe to jump on the bandwagon. You never know, maybe EA will be next to divert more resource toward developing for 360, and PS3 versions will be port-overs.
Uh, Splinter Cell is out on the PS3.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1142300186856

To play Devil's Advocate with Ubi. They may be delaying the PS3 versions, but at the same thing, the Rainbow Six Vegas version is getting the Red downloadable pack for free already on the disc, as also GRAW 2 has the current and next 360 download already on the disc when it ships.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 05-18-2007, 11:03 AM   #20
I'm in here...

The 360 is so worth it that I have 2 and looking to buy a 3rd. I hate buying the network adapters, too much but worth it!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #21
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Uh, Splinter Cell is out on the PS3.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1142300186856
Oops, my fault. I was looking at Amazon.com and it stated that SC: Double Agent comes out in 12/07.

http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Splint...=operasport-20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #22
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

One more question before I take the leap: do I have to buy a new Action Replay, or will my current one work with the 360? If there is another file downloading software, what is it called?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:02 PM   #23
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
One more question before I take the leap: do I have to buy a new Action Replay, or will my current one work with the 360? If there is another file downloading software, what is it called?
Nope,your old one won't work.The one that I believe OS'ers use is the Datel Transfer kit. I bought mine @ Best Buy for 14.99 (iirc),but you do have to have a memory card for it,which you could probably find used at your local EB/Gamestop or gamecrazy. If not check ebay
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 05-19-2007, 01:10 AM   #24
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruPlaya
The 360 is so worth it that I have 2 and looking to buy a 3rd. I hate buying the network adapters, too much but worth it!!!
Explain to me why you need more than one, please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »