Home

I Have to Ask a Question re: consoles, etc.

This is a discussion on I Have to Ask a Question re: consoles, etc. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #9
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I Have to Ask a Question re: consoles, etc.

1. My fiance actually makes like double what I make and she is really good at saving. She actually bought my PS3 after saying she would never do that. She pays for all the big ticket stuff and then I pay for all the house bills basically until i catch up to her which hasn't happened in over a year.
Which leads to #2

2. I don't really by that much stuff anymore. I have been using trade-ins to get new games. When i got the PS3 i traded all my PS2 stuff in and was able to get the Show a component cable and another controller.

3.I play after 10 till like 1130-12. Our daughter is 7 months old so she doesn't really care that I stay up. I just can't complain about being tired. I do alot of stuff around the house and get involved as much as I can so it doesn't bother her that I play video games. I play hoops as well once a week and am in a golf league. So for me the only time to play is at night and like someoen else said, I may play hard for a few weeks then not paly for a awhile. It all depends on what games are otu.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

[quote=caseyd;3146095]Ok, I've been wanting to ask these questions for a while but just haven't.

A) What bank are you guys robbing in order to have enough money for multiple next-gen systems, electronic gadgets, etc.?

B) If you're married, how in the world do you get your wife to agree with all of the purchases?

C) How in the world do you find the time to play with all of this stuff, play stuff on Live, etc.?

A. I am very lucky in that my Wife is a Food Scientist, and I am a Broker and We have no children. I really only do 3 things besides work 1. play sports video Games....2. Go to sporting events w/ my wife...3 play golf.

B. My wife understands it is a passion for me, and its not like I'm out drinking or going to the stripclubs...she kind of appreciates it.

C. My Wife travels all the time for her job, right now she is in Wisconsin creating a new breadstick for ##### with the Cheese sauce inside of it. She wont be back in St Louis full time until August 10th, and Like I stated earlier, we have no children yet.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 06-01-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:56 PM   #11
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

CHEESE SAUCE INSIDE A BREADSTICK?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #12
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Forza is the first game i've gotten in a while, i've been busy moving and whatnot.

Especially now though, I'm single, just went to a new job that pays me oodles more than my prior one (I knew i was getting underpaid there), and gaming is a hobby. I don't push tons of cash into sports cards, jerseys, shoes, regular clothes (like a lot of women), etc. I do the bar thing sometimes but not to where I really spend that much cash. I see some movies in the theater, but wait and rent most of the ones I don't fully care about.

Everyone's got hobbies and, if you really think about it, gaming can really pay itself off pretty fast in hours spent vs. money spent. You spend 10-15 bucks for a 1 1/2 hour movie, whereas you can get 60+ hours out of something like Oblivion for 60 bucks.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #13
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyd
A) What bank are you guys robbing in order to have enough money for multiple next-gen systems, electronic gadgets, etc.?
Chase Manhattan Bank...seriously though, I get most of my gadget money from selling my old gadgets on eBay.

Quote:
B) If you're married, how in the world do you get your wife to agree with all of the purchases?
As long as we don't get out of hand, we really don't question each other's hobbies.

Quote:
C) How in the world do you find the time to play with all of this stuff, play stuff on Live, etc.?
10pm-12pm while my daughter sleeps and my wife does her scrapbooking.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #14
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Forza is the first game i've gotten in a while, i've been busy moving and whatnot.

Especially now though, I'm single, just went to a new job that pays me oodles more than my prior one (I knew i was getting underpaid there), and gaming is a hobby. I don't push tons of cash into sports cards, jerseys, shoes, regular clothes (like a lot of women), etc. I do the bar thing sometimes but not to where I really spend that much cash. I see some movies in the theater, but wait and rent most of the ones I don't fully care about.

Everyone's got hobbies and, if you really think about it, gaming can really pay itself off pretty fast in hours spent vs. money spent. You spend 10-15 bucks for a 1 1/2 hour movie, whereas you can get 60+ hours out of something like Oblivion for 60 bucks.
Good point. I don't go to bars, I don't drink, hardly ever buy clothes, shoes, etc. So while some guys will blow 200-300 bucks a weekend at a bar or strip club, I spend my money on gaming.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 06-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

A. Good job with good pay. Also like others have stated, I don't spend money very often. Electronic gadgets, video games and taking the lady out every Saturday night is the main time I spend any money. Other than that, I just invest it.

B. I'm not married....yet. I don't expect my purchasing habits to change much even when I am married as she will have a good paying job as well. She also enjoys playing video games (mostly XBL arcade games) so that helps.

C. Some nights I do have time, some nights I don't have time. Even when I do have time, 1 hour is usually the max that I can play in one night. If I eliminated working out and/or watching sports (ie: Pirate games) or TV shows, I'd have more time.

With that said, I've been pondering getting a PS3 for a while now and think I'm going to in the next few months. The idea of owning 2 next-gen consoles hasn't made much sense to me until recently. I figure the PS3 can do much more than just play games so it doesn't seem as one sided as I once thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #16
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

A) My wife and I both have good jobs and no kids, so money isn't an issue

B) We have seperate bank accounts so she never sees what I spend my money on

C) I don't really have a lot of time to play, I wish I had more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »