Home

Curious, How many people want to trade their PS3 for a 360 since the FPS news?

This is a discussion on Curious, How many people want to trade their PS3 for a 360 since the FPS news? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: I have a PS3 and now I will
Keep the system and wait to see if 30 fps is that bad 39 60.00%
Trade my PS3 and get a 360 or 360 elite 21 32.31%
Keep y ps3, rob a bank or win a lotto, and also buy a 360 5 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2007, 10:08 PM   #25
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Curious, How many people want to trade their PS3 for a 360 since the FPS news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Standing pat... unless the games are unplayable, at which point I'll venture and buy another 360... which I'm likely to do within the next month anyway.. but still.
Fixed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #26
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Curious, How many people want to trade their PS3 for a 360 since the FPS news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymanGT
He likes to shoot from the hip.
I wouldn't say what I say without good reason (see my last post).

I'm a guy who picked up the PS1 and the PS2 on their respective launch days. Are there many more on here who can say that? I really wanted to like the PS3, but the objective grounds that I posted earlier prevent me from buying it. I can't believe that it's July 2007 and all I presently own is a Wii, a PS2, and a PSP (excluding a few relic consoles that I still have stored away).

This console generation is just "bleh" right now. I'm hoping that it turns around, because true next gen gaming in HD, with top-notch online performance, would be unbelievable.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #27
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

I've gone back and forth the last week or so deciding whether or not I should try and sell the PS3 and repurchase the 360. But, then I keep coming back to this conclusion. I'm keeping the 360 failures out of the equation.

First and foremost, I want the opportunity to play "all" the sports video games. MLB The Show is the single greatest sports video game I've played in the last 5 years. I can't imagine not being able to play it. What do they have in store for next season?

Secondly, to trade the PS3 in for the 360 because the football games are going to be running @ 30fps is a bit of a hasty decision in my mind. I'm not made of money, so therefore I'm not going to be throwing down $180 for all three football games anyways. Plus, I just don't have the time to play them all. Also, we have no idea yet how well or how poorly they're going to play on the PS3. I honestly don't think it's going to be as bad as people are predicting. Heck, there are those of us who think MLB 2K7 is a great playing game on the 360, and for the most part it is. But then, you gotta remember it's not running at 60fps. The PS3 football games issue will work itself out next season.

One other comment about the football games and this is just my opinion. I pretty much play sports games until the next season rolls around. While I enjoy football on the consoles, I have a more enjoyable time playing the basketball and hockey games. Those games come out 2-3 months after the football games. So, yeah if the PS3 football games are lack luster, then I know I won't be waiting a while to play the next great basketball or hockey game.

For me personally, I've just grown tired of FPS and racing games, with the exception of Burnout. I'm bored of killing aliens (ala Halo 3, Gears of War, etc.). I'm excited as heck about the possibilities of Unchartered (looks and sounds phenomenal), Lair, and MGS. Plus, I just prefer playing the GTA series along with Winning Eleven on Sony's consoles.

Lastly, I'm a single player kind of guy. I don't care one way or another that XBL is better than PSN. Heck, I know it is. All, I want is the option to download the latest roster updates. That's it. If I can play an online game every now and then, even better.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:51 AM   #28
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I've gone back and forth the last week or so deciding whether or not I should try and sell the PS3 and repurchase the 360. But, then I keep coming back to this conclusion. I'm keeping the 360 failures out of the equation.

First and foremost, I want the opportunity to play "all" the sports video games. MLB The Show is the single greatest sports video game I've played in the last 5 years. I can't imagine not being able to play it. What do they have in store for next season?

Secondly, to trade the PS3 in for the 360 because the football games are going to be running @ 30fps is a bit of a hasty decision in my mind. I'm not made of money, so therefore I'm not going to be throwing down $180 for all three football games anyways. Plus, I just don't have the time to play them all. Also, we have no idea yet how well or how poorly they're going to play on the PS3. I honestly don't think it's going to be as bad as people are predicting. Heck, there are those of us who think MLB 2K7 is a great playing game on the 360, and for the most part it is. But then, you gotta remember it's not running at 60fps. The PS3 football games issue will work itself out next season.

One other comment about the football games and this is just my opinion. I pretty much play sports games until the next season rolls around. While I enjoy football on the consoles, I have a more enjoyable time playing the basketball and hockey games. Those games come out 2-3 months after the football games. So, yeah if the PS3 football games are lack luster, then I know I won't be waiting a while to play the next great basketball or hockey game.

For me personally, I've just grown tired of FPS and racing games, with the exception of Burnout. I'm bored of killing aliens (ala Halo 3, Gears of War, etc.). I'm excited as heck about the possibilities of Unchartered (looks and sounds phenomenal), Lair, and MGS. Plus, I just prefer playing the GTA series along with Winning Eleven on Sony's consoles.

Lastly, I'm a single player kind of guy. I don't care one way or another that XBL is better than PSN. Heck, I know it is. All, I want is the option to download the latest roster updates. That's it. If I can play an online game every now and then, even better.
This post has some great points and got me to thinking. How ironic that just a month or so back, the exodus was heading the other direction: people ditching the 360 for the PS3 because of the release of the Show. I battled back and forth with myself but in the end stayed with the 360, but still ache to play The Show, and if a sweet deal swung my way, I would snag a PS3 in a heartbeat.

The above poster eluded to Halo 3. The 360's Ace in the hole, yet. I really don't know how that game will add to the "exodus."

I still shake my head though, the money being thrown around for either machine is mortgage or car payment type amounts. A lot of money we spend for this hobby.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #29
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Instead of worrying about the number of fps. I would be more worried at how well they maintain that frame speed. A slight stutter at 60 fps is very noticeable and highly irritating. The show 07 on the ps2 ran at 60fps and had some trouble maintaining it at times this year.

I have both systems and I am going take the one that is more reliable at maintaining the frames the best whether it is 30 or 60.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #30
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm more worried about having an XBox 360 die on me than having a PS3 run at 30 fps.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-08-2007, 09:47 AM   #31
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
Both consoles have major issues (at least until the 360 gets a design upgrade with improved reliability). Roll with the Wii for now, if you can find it. New chipset may be imminent for the 360, though.

Roll with the wii? Uhh....no thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd90XB
Roll with the wii? Uhh....no thanks.
lol

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »