Home

PS3 a Gonner...........

This is a discussion on PS3 a Gonner........... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #49
Rookie

ultramag7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: PS3 a Gonner...........

your name is "Football Fever" for God's sake!!!! Now go back in there and get a 360 and College Footlball '08 man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #50
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

What I usually do is when i certain system is "collecting dust" and i get the urge to do something stupid. I just un hook it, pack it in the box and stuff it in my bedroom closet. Then usually a month or so after I forget about it, i will read something about the system that has been "collecting dust" and i'm glad i didnt get rid of it. I just go upstairs and unpack it and Im ready to go !!!!

I know that sounds really dumb, but it really takes heat off the wallet.

I currently own both a 360 & PS3...now is one of those systems pack away ???
Old 07-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #51
All Star

OVR: 25

Do we really need a new thread everytime someone chooses to pick a 360 over a PS3 or vice versa?! It's almost like the equivalent of ARod calling a press conference to let us know he's switched from Right Guard to Degree. No one cares!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
stay away from posting threads letting everyone know why you sold / bought / traded a new console every other month. Everyone knows you will buy a 360 now. And when you do you will start a new thread about how awesome it is / how you missed it / how it's better than the ps3 etc. etc.

Then you will debate for months on whether to put it flat or vertical.
LMAO!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: PS3 a Goner...........

Footballforever - I would like to thank you for choosing to share this with us. Your very public and courageous decision to admit you were wrong about the PS3 really shows the kind of character that is lacking in so much of the posters I see on the internet today. Again, you have my kudos and good luck with whatever system you choose to invest in at your next juncture.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
FF I feel your pain.

I have not made an official next gen decision myself, and it drives my friends crazy as I’ve talked back and forth over the last 7 months about which system to get (and keep) – 360 or PS3.

The best thing I’ve done to date is not “purchase” either system.

The main reason is because if I’d bought (and kept) the 360 back in Feb. I would have been wishing I’d used that $ towards a PS3 when The Show dropped (baseball is my fav. Sport and gaming genre). Instead, I “tested” the 360 and returned it to CC w/in 30 days for a full $$ refund.

In the meantime, 5 PS2 titles (The Show 07, King of Fighters 2006, NBA Ballers, NFL ESPN 2K5 and Flatout 2) have kept me busy and I am very happy with them. Not selling my PS2 is another thing that has kept me from taking the next gen plunge too soon.

I recently bought my second “trial 360” and during this period the patch was released for MLB 2k7. I’m glad I got to see if the fielding patch would help fill my baseball gaming needs if I stuck with the 360 (it didn’t). I also am able to now download NCAA 08 to see how much 60 fps vs. 30 fps matters to me (not much). I have until July 18th to return the 360 with no financial ramifications.

Now that the PS3 has dropped in cost, I will “try” one of those. I’d want the 60 GB b/c of the full backwards compatibility and now they are throwing in a free controller at CC (and 5 blue ray movies).

The toughest thing about deciding on a next-gen system is that there are so many personal pros to me for having each system (I am a sports/racing/fighting gamer).

PS3 pros:
MLB The show (fav. Baseball game)
Tekken and KOF 2006 (fav fighting games, KOF is backwards compatible)
Motorstorm and Flatout 2 (Flatout 2 backwards compatible)
ESPN 2k5 (backwards compatible)
I already have save device I’m using w/ the PS2 (flashdrive) compatible with the PS3.

360 pros:
Lots of downloadable content and goodies for FREE through Silver Live membership – NCAA 08 and the 2k7 patch for example.
PGR Racing (my fav. Racing series of all time by a MILE…PGR 4 will have bikes & snow!!!!!!)
Price is low (especially if price cut)
Comes w/ all the cables and stuff you need and looks GREAT on my SDTV!

So you see, it’s not easy to choose b/c my fav. fighting and baseball games are on PS3, but my fav. Racing is on 360, plus I really love that Live’s FREE content seems to always include the “must have” online content for sports gamers (I am not much on an online gamer). And then there is the cost benefit of the 360 – and who knows if 2k8 will close the gap on The Show 08?

But if I stick w/ the PS3 right now (keep after 30 days) and 360 Premium sees the price cut and 2k8 and PGR 4 are great games then I will be wondering if should have bought that.

So it can be a never-ending cycle when both systems have stuff you like and you’re forced to choose.

Or, hypothetically, by Chistmas, for $850 I could have both systems.

What I’ll probably do is buy the PS3 w/ the warranty at CC, and if I trade in the PS3 for a 360 down the line then the only cost to me is the cost of the warranty itself - $80 bucks. If I trade in the PS3 after 2 years then it’s like I rented the system for $3.33 a month. Not bad….But I’ll have missed out on PGR 4!!! Argghhh!!!!!

FF…the point of the story is you are not alone. 2nd point is just because the games make you lose your mind doesn’t mean they have to make you lose a ton of money too.
dude, you need to stop "trying" these systems and make a decision. I'd be pissed knowing i'm buying a "used" system.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #55
MVP

HungryBologna's Arena

OVR: 19

Classic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #56
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
dude, you need to stop "trying" these systems and make a decision. I'd be pissed knowing i'm buying a "used" system.
Did you really find something to get pissed about in my post or are you just joking?

As far as I know, used systems go back to the manufacturer and are resold as refurbished...so the customer knows if it's used or not. but if nothing is wrong with it, maybe it is sold as new....and in that casem if nothing is wrong with it, why be pissed.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »