Home

June NDP Sale Numbers

This is a discussion on June NDP Sale Numbers within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 03:37 AM   #9
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: June NDP Sale Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
i disagree. do you have a Wii? I just picked up one last week and one thing I can tell you from playing Paper Mario, it's the most damn fun i've had playing a video game in 20 years. Real Talk! I don't have to worry about A.I., head shots, reloading, spawn camping, none of that. This one game takes me back 20 years and it's so much damn fun. I also have Zelda which i'm going to get into after I finish Paper Mario, then after taht, I think i'm going back to Mario Sunshine since i've never played any gamecube games. I was pleasantly surprised with how it looks on my hdtv. I'm using the regular composite cables until my components that I bought off ebay arrive. It looks just like the graphics from when I had an xbox hooked up to it. The games are just plan fun and I think that is what is going to win out in the end.
Sweet, your a gamer...But a nice sized portion of the N's demographic are not. Those people are not buying alot of 3rd-party games. This is fact. You mention several Ninty 1st part games that are great...Ninty 1st party games have always been great. Always. The reality is that you will buy those, and have great fun, and then realize the rest of the Nintendo wall is stuffed with quick and dirty ports of old games or stripped dopwn versions of the 360/PS3 stuff. Again, while everyone loves the Wii's innovative controls, the the average Wii game review has been pure trash. 2 years from now, there won't be any "pleasant surprises" when talking Wii grafix in comparison to PS3/360.

I do understand what you're saying re: complexity though. Alot of games are becoming intimidating in some ways...whereas Ninty games are easy on the brain, and are pretty much pick up and play. I guess it all depends on what level of realism, immersion, and challenge you're looking for as a gamer.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 07-24-2007 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:54 AM   #10
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Did you miss the fact that 6 of the top 20 games were for the Wii? Those are pretty damn good numbers.

I just wish I could find one around here.

Yeah, I see that. Heres the top 10:

Wii Mario Party 8 426.k
Wii Play w/ remote 291.2k
NDS Pokemon Diamond Version 288.4k
NDS Pokemon Pearl Version 214.7k
360 Forza Motorsport 2 197.40k
PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar 197.35k
360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar 177.6k
Wii Pokemon Battle 157.9k
Wii Resident Evil 4 n/a
360 The Darkness n/a

Thats an impressive showing for Nintendo stockholders, not so much for the average hardcore gamer though. I guess Granny is buying games, lol. Maybe these companies should scrap all this new-fangled technology and graphics and work strictly on minigames and Pokemon knock-offs.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 07-24-2007 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:03 AM   #11
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Well, at the very least, these sales numbers will surely tell developers that gamers want more mini game collections on their Wii. The casual gamer market is many times bigger than the hardcore gamer market. Nintendo won't care if wii owners only buy 1 or 2 games along with the free game, they'll still make tons of money off the wii. The Wii is old hardware, and Mario Party 25 isn't exactly original and innovative. Easy money.

They aren't going after the kinds of people who own 25 xbox 360 games. As one of those people, it will be interesting to see how developers adjust to the wii. There the potential for lots of money to be made in mediocre minigames and half assed ports with waggle controls. There's also plenty of companies whining about next gen development costs.

I actually enjoyed my gamcube, however it appears that the tide of wii sales are mostly from people who won't care about a new metroid prime or zelda.
So true.

Whatever. As long as the Epics and Biowares of the world don't start wasting time with that crap, it doesn't impact me...

Last edited by HMcCoy; 07-24-2007 at 04:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #12
All Star

I still think it all comes down to price. 360's and PS3's would be selling a whole lot better if they were in the Wii's price range. Hopefully, this news inspires MS to finally drop the price on the 360 just in time for me to buy one.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I still think it all comes down to price. 360's and PS3's would be selling a whole lot better if they were in the Wii's price range. Hopefully, this news inspires MS to finally drop the price on the 360 just in time for me to buy one.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Yeah, I see that. Heres the top 10:

Wii Mario Party 8 426.k
Wii Play w/ remote 291.2k
NDS Pokemon Diamond Version 288.4k
NDS Pokemon Pearl Version 214.7k
360 Forza Motorsport 2 197.40k
PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar 197.35k
360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar 177.6k
Wii Pokemon Battle 157.9k
Wii Resident Evil 4 n/a
360 The Darkness n/a

Thats an impressive showing for Nintendo stockholders, not so much for the average hardcore gamer though. I guess Granny is buying games, lol. Maybe these companies should scrap all this new-fangled technology and graphics and work strictly on minigames and Pokemon knock-offs.
So aside from Guitar Hero, Resident Evil, and The Darkness, everything in the top 10 is first party. I don't really see the basis for your argument. I assure you once Guitar Hero for the Wii comes out that will be in the top 10 as well. If third party developers release quality titles for the Wii, they'll sell. They haven't released any good ones (aside from RE4) in awhile though so naturally they aren't selling.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #15
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Let me see the entire 20, its odd because in my house. I have a son and a daughter, both have DS's but only my daughter still plays hers regularly. We have a Wii that has not even been hooked up for nearly seven months.

All my son and I play is the 360 online. As long as there is the great x box live, it will never die. Halo 3 coming, can not wait. I think Shadowrun is game of the year. No joke.

http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/135979...79&pagenumber=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Shadowrun is, bar none, the best game for the Xbox 360. In fact, it is the best game I have played on either Xbox system since Halo: CE.
All me and my son play alot of the day this summer is Shadowrun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 AM   #16
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

What does Shadowrun have to do with the sales numbers? It's not even in the top 10 XBL games being played, so it's hardly going to be in the top sales games.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »