Home

June NDP Sale Numbers

This is a discussion on June NDP Sale Numbers within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
June NDP Sale Numbers

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175522...stnews;title;0

* Nintendo DS - 561,900
* Wii - 381,800
* PSP - 290,100
* PlayStation 2 - 270,700
* Xbox 360 - 198,400
* Game Boy Advance - 109,400
* PLAYSTATION 3 - 98,500

Nintendo is once again on top. The Xbox 360 once again failed to top the 200,000 mark. The PS2 is still selling well and the PS3 continues to flop.

Well it seems like the public has spoken with their wallets and they like the waggle and touch screen.

Edit: 6 of the top 20 selling games are for the Wii. Only 1 comes from a 3rd Party. While the Wii has been a huge success, it looks like people are only buying Nintendo games on the system.

Last edited by VanCitySportsGuy; 07-23-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: June NDP Sale Numbers

Hopefully once 3rd party developers stop porting over PS2 games with Wii controls, their numbers will increase and give Nintendo some company in the gaming department. With Metroid, Mario, and Super Smash Brothers being released by the end of the year, I think the Wii is in excellent condition.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah the Wii is primed to win this generation... especially since Microsoft can't even beat Sony's machine from the LAST generation.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

On a brighter note for Sony, the PSP is starting to post impressive sales with the price cut.

On a darker note for Sony, beaten AGAIN by the GBA???? I didn't know people still bought those!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:08 AM   #5
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Yeah the Wii is primed to win this generation... especially since Microsoft can't even beat Sony's machine from the LAST generation.

Wii won't win crap unless grandma and wifey start buying more games. Hardware figures don't mean much to publishers if those owners aren't copping their product. Wii review scores and tie-ratios have both been stank.

Also, I still believe the Wii's lack of muscle will cost them once the mass-market friendly cheapo Walmart brand HDTV's flood the scene within a year or two.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 07-24-2007 at 01:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 02:16 AM   #6
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Wii won't win crap unless grandma and wifey start buying more games. Hardware figures don't mean much to publishers if those owners aren't copping their product. Wii review scores and tie-ratios have both been stank.

Also, I still believe the Wii's lack of muscle will cost them once the mass-market friendly cheapo Walmart brand HDTV's flood the scene within a year or two.
Well, at the very least, these sales numbers will surely tell developers that gamers want more mini game collections on their Wii. The casual gamer market is many times bigger than the hardcore gamer market. Nintendo won't care if wii owners only buy 1 or 2 games along with the free game, they'll still make tons of money off the wii. The Wii is old hardware, and Mario Party 25 isn't exactly original and innovative. Easy money.

They aren't going after the kinds of people who own 25 xbox 360 games. As one of those people, it will be interesting to see how developers adjust to the wii. There the potential for lots of money to be made in mediocre minigames and half assed ports with waggle controls. There's also plenty of companies whining about next gen development costs.

I actually enjoyed my gamcube, however it appears that the tide of wii sales are mostly from people who won't care about a new metroid prime or zelda.

Last edited by bkfount; 07-24-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:26 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

i disagree. do you have a Wii? I just picked up one last week and one thing I can tell you from playing Paper Mario, it's the most damn fun i've had playing a video game in 20 years. Real Talk! I don't have to worry about A.I., head shots, reloading, spawn camping, none of that. This one game takes me back 20 years and it's so much damn fun. I also have Zelda which i'm going to get into after I finish Paper Mario, then after taht, I think i'm going back to Mario Sunshine since i've never played any gamecube games. I was pleasantly surprised with how it looks on my hdtv. I'm using the regular composite cables until my components that I bought off ebay arrive. It looks just like the graphics from when I had an xbox hooked up to it. The games are just plan fun and I think that is what is going to win out in the end.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-24-2007, 03:28 AM   #8
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:

Did you miss the fact that 6 of the top 20 games were for the Wii? Those are pretty damn good numbers.

I just wish I could find one around here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »