Home

PS3 or XBox360?

This is a discussion on PS3 or XBox360? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: PS3 or XBox360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorax
To each his own.....I would *never* make a console decision on one game and only one game....But if you did that and are comfortable with it - then fine....I just disagree with that. I expressed my opinion, not a fact....I still stand behind it - all indications are that programmers who intend to offer games on all consoles will concentrate on the 360 and port from there. History backs that up - thats all most of them have ports since there were many consoles and no reason to expect it to change anytime soon - its simple economics.....I dont expect PS3 games to be so bad - but sure wont expect them to use the consoles full power either.

If for some reason you think I am bashing the PS3 - then reread my posts in this thread. I would recommend the PS3 over the 360 in many reasons....Sports games is just not one of them - as a sports gamer - I would look to the 360 first.

As for the Show - blah, baseball....I mean its a great game, but limited replay for me - I mean, pitch, catch, run, bat....Pretty much the same pretty quickly. There are so many ways to score and get people out. Its not like football - different combinations, strategies & way to play the game. I could never suggest baseball as a feature title of a console as anything more than slightly added value - again, opinion - but sales numbers sort of support that as a more general public perception as well....Nothing touches Madden - its a football country plain & simple.

baseball has far more strategy than football. Football has limited replay. Pass the ball. Run the ball. Pass the ball. Then Kick it.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #50
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
baseball has far more strategy than football. Football has limited replay. Pass the ball. Run the ball. Pass the ball. Then Kick it.
Ah yes, soccer.

As far as The Show, it is the best sports game I've bought on the next gen console. And when it comes to sports usually it's football, basketball, and baseball for me.

Those that say Show is nothing special have never spent a good enough time with the game. The game is amazing EACH and EVERY time. And it's worth buying a console for. For me anyway...
Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 PM   #51
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Ah yes, soccer.

As far as The Show, it is the best sports game I've bought on the next gen console. And when it comes to sports usually it's football, basketball, and baseball for me.

Those that say Show is nothing special have never spent a good enough time with the game. The game is amazing EACH and EVERY time. And it's worth buying a console for. For me anyway...
Totally agree. I have the PS3 because of The Show, not the opposite.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Totally agree. I have the PS3 because of The Show, not the opposite.
I still haven't made the jump for either the PS3 or 360, but MLB the Show has a huge pull on me. I'm sure I'll have one of these consoles by next spring. I wouldn't say that I'd buy a console for a single game, but I can see how a single game can tip the balance enough for someone to pick one console over another.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #53
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I still haven't made the jump for either the PS3 or 360, but MLB the Show has a huge pull on me. I'm sure I'll have one of these consoles by next spring. I wouldn't say that I'd buy a console for a single game, but I can see how a single game can tip the balance enough for someone to pick one console over another.
Right now the PS3 as a sole console would be a bad decision. I have all 3 so I don't really have this problem. If you want to play games now it's the 360 by far IMO. We keep hearing "Next year" will be the PS3's year. There have been lots of promises from Sony and few deleivered so far. If The Show can hold you over unitl the PS3 games show up then get it. It's a solid system. If you want to play now get the 360. Get the extended warrany for either system you get especially the 360 (even though I'm still on launch system) there have been failures with the system. The new heatsink/chip set is supoosed to fix this however.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #54
Rookie

gez20's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Right now the PS3 as a sole console would be a bad decision. I have all 3 so I don't really have this problem. If you want to play games now it's the 360 by far IMO. We keep hearing "Next year" will be the PS3's year. There have been lots of promises from Sony and few deleivered so far. If The Show can hold you over unitl the PS3 games show up then get it. It's a solid system. If you want to play now get the 360. Get the extended warrany for either system you get especially the 360 (even though I'm still on launch system) there have been failures with the system. The new heatsink/chip set is supoosed to fix this however.
I just bought a 360, is this different from the 3 year warranty from MS or is this the MS warranty? I bought mine at Walmart, I'm not sure they offer anything like that.

Also I'm not much of an online gamer so Xbox Live is useless to me. But do I need Gold for downloading demos or will they work on Silver?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #55
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gez20
I just bought a 360, is this different from the 3 year warranty from MS or is this the MS warranty? I bought mine at Walmart, I'm not sure they offer anything like that.

Also I'm not much of an online gamer so Xbox Live is useless to me. But do I need Gold for downloading demos or will they work on Silver?
You can get the demos with silver. Most stores offer a warranty that if your system has problems you can take it to them and they will replace it, instead of you having to send it in and wait.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #56
Rookie

Omerta's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon4 Re: PS3 or XBox360?

Well I'm done with the 360 ... and it's not because of the RROD.

It's because I can't get the Transfer Kit for 360 to work.

Have installed the program on my computer, my friend's, my Brother's, and my Father's ... and on all computers I have tried I always get; "Memory Card Error. Please Re-Insert Memory Card." (though the memory card is recognized by the computers).

I have tried all troubleshooting, re-installed the program a bunch of times, re-installed the drivers a bunch of times, followed to a 'T' how to install & use XChange 360 tutorial & FAQ (by ODogg & dave360), consulted with Datel personel ... GameStop / EBGames personel ... BestBuy GeekSquad.
No luck.

Game play is most important. But I've played Madden & NCAA on my friend's PS3 ... I don't think it is that bad. 360 is better, but PS3 is not that far behind as some claim, IMO.

Bottom line, without the ability to use created roster files from the net, the games are useless to me. Plus I don't online game. I am not a Halo fan (good game, but not for me). So I took my 360 back to BestBuy, paid the difference and got a PS3.

Should have bought a PS3 in the first place, but you live & learn.

PS4

XBox1

Madden 18, FIFA 18, NBA 2k19, SW Battlefront II, Forza 7

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »