Home

Putting gamertags on 2 360s

This is a discussion on Putting gamertags on 2 360s within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Putting gamertags on 2 360s

Can I put my gamertag on a friends 360 and still have it on mine?

I was told by someone here that I could save a copy of my profile to a memory card and load it up on his and it would work, is that true?

Want to have my profile on my friends 360 so we can play ranked matches on the same 360, but don't want to risk ruining anything.

Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Putting gamertags on 2 360s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Can I put my gamertag on a friends 360 and still have it on mine?

I was told by someone here that I could save a copy of my profile to a memory card and load it up on his and it would work, is that true?

Want to have my profile on my friends 360 so we can play ranked matches on the same 360, but don't want to risk ruining anything.

Thanks for the help.

no you can't, if you transfer to a memory card, you can only move it permanently not copy....

only other alternative, is to log onto xbox live from his 360 as player two and recover your gamertag from online...and all credit will still go to it when playing games..and both can be logged on...
Old 09-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
no you can't, if you transfer to a memory card, you can only move it permanently not copy....

only other alternative, is to log onto xbox live from his 360 as player two and recover your gamertag from online...and all credit will still go to it when playing games..and both can be logged on...
But would he have to recover his own onto his machine later on? Or after he gets it on his friend's 360 he can play on either as Longhorn?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
But would he have to recover his own onto his machine later on? Or after he gets it on his friend's 360 he can play on either as Longhorn?
Nope you don't need to recover. But if you play Halo and your friends offline, and then play Madden at home online and go back to your friends house and try to sign online you will have to recover the profile since it is outdated. And any achievements or whatever you will lose.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

So I can move it onto the memory card, move it to his 360, and then repeat in reverse to get it back on mine and it should be fine?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

Quote:
So I can move it onto the memory card, move it to his 360, and then repeat in reverse to get it back on mine and it should be fine?
yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Nope you don't need to recover. But if you play Halo and your friends offline, and then play Madden at home online and go back to your friends house and try to sign online you will have to recover the profile since it is outdated. And any achievements or whatever you will lose.
that isn't true and you still recieve the achievements, thats the point of recovering the gamertag...his friends gamertag will still boot up as the primary gamertag...

next time Longhorn returns to his friends house and signs in against. His gamerscore and everything will update on his friends systems automatically. me and my brother do it all the time. doesn't harm a thing....

like I said recover it on his 360, instead of moving your profile....that way you will still get achievements for all the stuff you do as player 2...and when you get home, those achievements will still show up on your 360 at home when you log back in....

Achievements are kept record of on microsofts servers and update everytime you log online...so he's good.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 09-27-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #7
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

If I recover it on his...I won't have to recover it on my own again, right? It'll just be recovered on both HD's?

I just don't want to mess up my 360 just to be able to play at a friends, haha.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

Quote:
If I recover it on his...I won't have to recover it on my own again, right? It'll just be recovered on both HD's?

I just don't want to mess up my 360 just to be able to play at a friends, haha.

Correct, yours will be fine when you get home. Since your system at home was offline and you weren't logged on. When you get home its all the same.

You just can't be logged onto both systems at once...

Next time you visit him, just pick your gametag and log on....

When you home log on your own system...

I got my gamertag on my brothers 360, my premium and my elite...so trust me it won't hurt a thing..

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »