Home

Do you think the tide is turning?

This is a discussion on Do you think the tide is turning? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM   #57
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do you think the tide is turning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
They don't have much of one, and due to the fear and power that the Playstation brand commands the following games have been canceled for the 360:

Alan Wake
Fable 2
Banjo
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
Marvel MMO
Peter Jackson Halo Project
Halo Wars
ABP
Lost Odyssey
Cry On

All that's left is Cabela's Monster Bass, but who knows, it could be a real stunner.
When is Alan Wake coming out anyway? All I've heard was 2008.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #58
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
When is Alan Wake coming out anyway? All I've heard was 2008.
Yeah, all we have got is that it's being released in 2008. My guess would be in the fall.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #59
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
They don't have much of one, and due to the fear and power that the Playstation brand commands the following games have been canceled for the 360:

Alan Wake
Fable 2
Banjo
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
Marvel MMO
Peter Jackson Halo Project
Halo Wars
ABP
Lost Odyssey
Cry On

All that's left is Cabela's Monster Bass, but who knows, it could be a real stunner.

Exactly. Folks are always saying 360 has nothing coming just because Sony is trying to build mindshare for 08, while MS is putting stuff on the table right now. As fun as Crackdown was, I fully expect the Marvel MMO to be megaton.

Another trend we've seen may also continue...there will be more than one multiplat dev that can't...or for financial reasons won't...get things running on PS3, giving MS a few defacto exclusives. The same may happen with MS due to space though...LA Noir comes to mind.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:03 PM   #60
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

Flawless said: "They don't have much of one, and due to the fear and power that the Playstation brand commands the following games have been canceled for the 360:"

First of all why be a fanboy there? This is just a discussion of opinions no need for that.

Let's look at that list...

Alan Wake ( may never see the light of day)
Fable 2
Banjo (Come on it's Rare you will be lucky if you see a demo next year)
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
Marvel MMO
Peter Jackson Halo Project (No way in 2008 or our lifetime)
Halo Wars (Ditto)
ABP
Lost Odyssey
Cry On

Okay so out of the games that will actually come out in 2008 which exclusive sells like Halo 3? Who is saying MS has nothing coming out btw? So far MS has been a locomotive, but now Oblivion, Bioshock, GOW, Halo 3 and soon Mass Effect will be gone. NG 2 is great, but it wont sell like Halo or GOW. All of the NG games combined have sold 1.5 million. All I am saying is that right now MS doesn't have the heavy hitters for consumers, not gamers who visit forums, like they had for 06 and 07.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #61
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
Flawless said: "They don't have much of one, and due to the fear and power that the Playstation brand commands the following games have been canceled for the 360:"

First of all why be a fanboy there? This is just a discussion of opinions no need for that.

Let's look at that list...

Alan Wake ( may never see the light of day)
Fable 2
Banjo (Come on it's Rare you will be lucky if you see a demo next year)
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
Marvel MMO
Peter Jackson Halo Project (No way in 2008 or our lifetime)
Halo Wars (Ditto)
ABP
Lost Odyssey
Cry On

Okay so out of the games that will actually come out in 2008 which exclusive sells like Halo 3? Who is saying MS has nothing coming out btw? So far MS has been a locomotive, but now Oblivion, Bioshock, GOW, Halo 3 and soon Mass Effect will be gone. NG 2 is great, but it wont sell like Halo or GOW. All of the NG games combined have sold 1.5 million. All I am saying is that right now MS doesn't have the heavy hitters for consumers, not gamers who visit forums, like they had for 06 and 07.

No one knew for sure Bioshock would be a huge seller. Up until it released reviews were saying that they hoped it got commercial success...Same with Oblivion and GOW, a brand new IP. Those games didn't have a Halo 2 sales pedigree, and yet their quality drove the big sales numbers.

If anyone thinks that their simply won't be any more quality exclusive games for the PROVEN 360 free spenders to buy in 08, they are wrong...whether they've been announced yet or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 AM   #62
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
No one knew for sure Bioshock would be a huge seller. Up until it released reviews were saying that they hoped it got commercial success...Same with Oblivion and GOW, a brand new IP. Those games didn't have a Halo 2 sales pedigree, and yet their quality drove the big sales numbers.

If anyone thinks that their simply won't be any more quality exclusive games for the PROVEN 360 free spenders to buy in 08, they are wrong...whether they've been announced yet or not.
No one is talking about there not being quality games....oh forget it. It seems like people are having a hard time talking about this objectively.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #63
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

Quote:
No one is talking about there not being quality games...
Quote:
All I am saying is that right now MS doesn't have the heavy hitters for consumers.
Quote:
Who is saying MS has nothing coming out btw.
Quote:
Right now MS is really strong for this holiday, but past that is kind of a blank.
Perhaps I just misunderstood you, if so I apologize...but based on posts #2 and #4, it seemed the premise of this thread was that MS has no more bullets left for '08.

Sony may turn the tide...sales are up a whopping 178% in Europe after the pricedrop, but the same thing happened the first few weeks of the last pricedrop. Can they sustain it? If MS pisses away their lead, they deserve to get smoked, but I gotta see it to believe it.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 10-18-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #64
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
If MS pisses away their lead, they deserve to get smoked, but I gotta see it to believe it.
I think the PS3 will end up passing the 360 in world wide sales at some point, but if Microsoft loses their lead in NA, they should just leave the industry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »