Home

Advice needed - Elite 360 question

This is a discussion on Advice needed - Elite 360 question within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Advice needed - Elite 360 question

capa,

I can't speak on the Elite, but I bought one of the newer Premium systems (with HDMI support) which has the same guts/heatsink as the Elite. I have not had any problems whatsoever, and the system runs noticeably quieter and cooler than the Core system I had a year ago.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #10
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Capa,

I've noticed your a big baseball gamer from some of your other previous posts. So am I. It sounds like your indecisve regarding which of the new platforms would give you the better baseball gaming experience. You might like the show or not (I think its fantastic) and I understand the lack of servicing MLB2K7 with a patch is a disturbing issue regarding support of another game but consider somethings.

Some have said that 2K7 is much improved with the patch. Probably is. Others say that the patch has introduced other issues and that the real meat and potatoes of the game still needs refining which sounds like more to truth. If we are to go with the thoughts that 2K7 is on a 3-year plan then for the time being, go with the better game at this time. Next year I'll be buying both games no doubt and play the better of the two. VC does have an interesting game that offers something different from SCEA. But as a baseball fan, it's best to have more than one option.

As for the new elites. I want one, but I'm waiting for better feedback regarding hardware operations. The return thread is scary to read in this forum, and I just don't have the time nor patience to be worrying about exchanges and updated warranties.

Good luck
Old 10-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

I think that by now you should be pretty safe. I'd check the manufactured date when you pick one up. Try and find one that was made in Sept. or Oct. I believe all of the 360s from this point on are being made with the new cooler setup.

If you do get one, be sire to update us on what you think of your decision. I'm still debating between the PS3 and 360. The big pull for the PS3 is the Show. Other than that, the PS3 really doesn't have anything I interested in that I can't get on the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Thanks to all who replied. I sold my PS3 today (through Craigslist) and will be getting an Elite tomorrow. Will keep you posted on how it performs.

I will miss the Show for sure...

C
Old 10-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Hey capa, Elite HOLIDAY Bundle's should be in stores already(Bundle comes with 2 free games included FORZA 2 & Marvel Ultimate Alliance) for $449.00

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »