Home

Considering trading xbox360 for a PS3

This is a discussion on Considering trading xbox360 for a PS3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #33
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Considering trading xbox360 for a PS3

I like both, but lately I'm starting to learn towards the PS3.

Yeah XBox Live is a hellava lot better than PSN, but having a system that won't break is nice... not to mention that Sony is starting to pick up some stride.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 AM   #34
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Sold my 360 last spring. Not many regrets. I know more people(like good friends) who have PS3's than others that had 360's. So it was kinda an obligation, but I love it so far. No stress about intercoolers and all that jazz.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 11-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #35
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

I have a feeling alot of people will be going to the PS3 for their sports games especially if Microsoft keeps messing around with the roster makers. I feel that Gamerscore is one of the better innovations on Microsoft's part, but they need to realize that people who are trading rosters aren't doing it for gamerscore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #36
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
I have a feeling alot of people will be going to the PS3 for their sports games especially if Microsoft keeps messing around with the roster makers. I feel that Gamerscore is one of the better innovations on Microsoft's part, but they need to realize that people who are trading rosters aren't doing it for gamerscore.
exactly why I sports game on ps3.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
Dave, can you please elaborate on what the deal is with Microsoft and the roster makers situation? Thanks.

BTW, I made the move to the PS3 in July. I was getting frustrated, especially with NCAA 08, Madden 08 and NHL 08 getting the stepchild treatment, but now that the 30fps deal seems to be over with, I am loving my purchase.

I just love how the machine is an all-in-one console. I'm not too particularly fond of attachments to my game console. I also just found out yesterday that you can use ANY bluetooth headset device for communication.<--That's awesome. Also, transferring rosters is beyond simple.

There is no doubt the 360 has a sweeter, overall online experience, but I am not a huge online gamer. I play only sports titles with the only exception being CoD4.

I'm loving the PS3 lately and I can't friggin' wait for The Show to drop.

Last edited by ThreeKing; 11-10-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #38
stewaat

OVR:

I'm not a big online guy and I think I'm going the PS3 route pretty soon. Halo was a ton of fun but I don't play enough to keep up with the curve. I'm starting my job on Monday so we'll see how much time I actually have for it.

Might make the move when CH drops.

Question for PS3 owners: Can I hook up a USB keyboard to the PS3?

Old 11-10-2007, 12:54 PM   #39
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat

Question for PS3 owners: Can I hook up a USB keyboard to the PS3?
Yes you can.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Get what your real life friends have. I had a both but didn't see a lot of point in keeping both. I ended up keeping the PS3 b/c that is what my friends owned. Everyone complains about PSN but to be honest it does everything that I want. My friends and I play games online without any issue. I think the only thing I would like that Live has over PSN is in game ability to use friends list other than that. I don't see a feature that I use thats that much better on live. Again, my analysis get what the people you play with got.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »