Home

Considering trading xbox360 for a PS3

This is a discussion on Considering trading xbox360 for a PS3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #49
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Considering trading xbox360 for a PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin
Currently I have xbox 360 and I am considering trading it for a PS3 40GB. I only play sports games.
Which 360 do you have and what extras do you have?

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 11-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #50
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yep. Of course it helps when the machine isn't running nearly as much.....
Skyboxer...I know you are half kidding, but my PS3 is on for hours and hours for quite a few nights a week(doing the rosters for The Show).....much more time than I have my XBOX 360 on and absolutely no problems after almost a year(I'm not sure when I got my PS3, but I was playing Resistance and a few other games before The Show came out...but obviously not as much).

I'M still on my launch 360, but quite a few of my friends and family have had to return theirs. I know the newer ones are supposed to be much more reliable, but an absolute TERRIBLE job by Microsoft on this one.

I don't think you can dispute that Sony did a better job on quality control of the systems in this part of the console "war".

M.K.
Knight165
Old 11-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #51
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

I don't think you can dispute that Sony did a better job on quality control of the systems in this part of the console "war".

M.K.
Knight165
The fit and finish on the ps3 is excellent. The 360, not so much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #52
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_James
Get what your real life friends have. I had a both but didn't see a lot of point in keeping both. I ended up keeping the PS3 b/c that is what my friends owned. Everyone complains about PSN but to be honest it does everything that I want. My friends and I play games online without any issue. I think the only thing I would like that Live has over PSN is in game ability to use friends list other than that. I don't see a feature that I use thats that much better on live. Again, my analysis get what the people you play with got.
Bingo.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 11-10-2007, 08:37 PM   #53
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Skyboxer...I know you are half kidding, but my PS3 is on for hours and hours for quite a few nights a week(doing the rosters for The Show).....much more time than I have my XBOX 360 on and absolutely no problems after almost a year(I'm not sure when I got my PS3, but I was playing Resistance and a few other games before The Show came out...but obviously not as much).

I'M still on my launch 360, but quite a few of my friends and family have had to return theirs. I know the newer ones are supposed to be much more reliable, but an absolute TERRIBLE job by Microsoft on this one.

M.K.
Knight165
You're totally right...I may have to replace my 360 (sometimes the DVD drive sounds angry), and it sucks.

Sony is more reliable at this point, but aside from "The Show" (which I ache for) everything I'd want is on 360. I play way too many people online on the 360, otherwise it'd be easier to switch.

Sucks MS slipped up on quality control for the 360, but I'd still buy a new one instead of a PS3 when mine dies.

I really want a PS3 but I can't justify it yet. The $400 one is neutered BC wise (I'd like to play God of War 2, maybe other games) and I'd feel like I was cheating myself not getting the $500 one.

I really hope Sony starts bringing the software. It's crazy, in the past the software is what Sony excelled in (and why PS1 killed the competition). Now Sony's confusing the 3rd parties (i've seen numerous articles how the PS3 is so different and harder to deal with, making porting tougher) and not releasing enough first party games.

Is Sony forgetting what got them where they are? I don't know.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:34 PM   #54
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, I'd ask for a PS3 for Christmas to go along with my 360, but its gonna come down to that or a new iPod, and I need the new iPod more. I could definitely see myself owning both systems, but I can't see myself ditching the 360 because thats what all my friends have. With that said, I would LOVE to be able to play MLB The Show
Old 11-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #55
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
You're totally right...I may have to replace my 360 (sometimes the DVD drive sounds angry), and it sucks.

Sony is more reliable at this point, but aside from "The Show" (which I ache for) everything I'd want is on 360. I play way too many people online on the 360, otherwise it'd be easier to switch.

Sucks MS slipped up on quality control for the 360, but I'd still buy a new one instead of a PS3 when mine dies.

I really want a PS3 but I can't justify it yet. The $400 one is neutered BC wise (I'd like to play God of War 2, maybe other games) and I'd feel like I was cheating myself not getting the $500 one.

I really hope Sony starts bringing the software. It's crazy, in the past the software is what Sony excelled in (and why PS1 killed the competition). Now Sony's confusing the 3rd parties (i've seen numerous articles how the PS3 is so different and harder to deal with, making porting tougher) and not releasing enough first party games.

Is Sony forgetting what got them where they are? I don't know.
For the record, MS is really accomodating if your 360 dies. It's 3 weeks to a month of no gaming, but they know they messed up, and they make it real easy to get your system fixed and back into your house.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2007, 12:15 AM   #56
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I been on both sides of the road, people on here no me well, when sold my 360 for a PS3, I didn't miss the 360 unitl a month later. After a month I was missing my 360 more and more, the Ps3 is a good weel built system, after that there was just nothing there for me. I think the 360 is the better system, another thing, I don't care what people say, The PSN network stinks IMO, SOny will never touch the 360 online service, ever.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »