Home

PS3 or XBOX 360??

This is a discussion on PS3 or XBOX 360?? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #33
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: PS3 or XBOX 360??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Really? I can't recall the last time I had lag in any XBL game. I've put in hours and hours of COD 4 without a hint of lag.
Same here.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-11-2007, 02:56 AM   #34
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
OK, I do have a 720p HDTV. It's native 720, though it accepts 1080i through component and HDMI, I think. Am I not going to be able to use BRay, or will it be limited in some way? I didn't realize any of this, thanks..
I'm not exactly sure if it will.

It may or may not work.

The guarantee is that you'll at least be able to play all the PS3 games.

It's still a nice system.

I like my Xbox 360, but I'm afraid of it Red Ringing or just not working at some point. I'm on my 3rd system. It sucks.
Eventually the PS3 will be on equal grounds when developers stop treating it like a port 2 machine (much like the Xbox 1 was vs the PS2).
Old 12-11-2007, 06:13 AM   #35
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
What does everybody think about buying an extended warranty for the ps3, is it necessary? I would really prefer not to, how long will Best Buy or CC take back a broken console without the extended warranty? I'll be getting the 40GB version.
For the most part on electronic items, extended warranty is a rip off. The company makes roughly an 80% profit on a typical warranty sale. While it was probably smart to buy one on the unreliable 360, the error rate on a PS3 is very low and I wouldn't waste my money.

Best Buy will only give you about 3 months I think. After that you have to deal with Sony directly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #36
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan20
I rarely get a "lag free" game on Xbox live. I think it's dumb MS makes you pay for Xbox live, then you have to pay even more just to download stuff, double dippin the customers.
EG is correct, I never have lag when playing on XBOX live, never. Also don't you just own a PS3, if so how do you play on Xbox live.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 12-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #37
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
For the most part on electronic items, extended warranty is a rip off. The company makes roughly an 80% profit on a typical warranty sale. While it was probably smart to buy one on the unreliable 360, the error rate on a PS3 is very low and I wouldn't waste my money.

Best Buy will only give you about 3 months I think. After that you have to deal with Sony directly.
Best Buy and Circuit city give you only 30 days, thats it. I bought the extended warranty for my new 360, it was $60, I didn't mind at all, if something goes wrong I bring it right back to the store and get a new one...
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 12-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #38
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

They both have their pro's and con's.

Upfront money - PS3 = More expensive, but you already have the Blu-Ray and free online.

Online - 360 = Is much more polished, but like I stated before it is another expense and it is a must have if you play sports games.

Longevity - PS3 = So far there have been very few "death's" to PS3 machines, but it is still kinda early. 360 has the dreaded Rings of Death.

Games - 360 = Has a better game line-up and they seem to be ahead of PS3 as far as release dates and graphical engines.

Personally I had both, but I took the 360 back, because I have always been a Sony person and it seemed to be to expensive for me in the long run. I felt that I already pay enough for high-speed internet and I shouldn't have to pay to connect to it.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #39
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan20
I live in Arizona and have Cox cable internet, EVERY game I have played online my connection is green and has 4 or 5 bars.(dont know the exact number)
I'm in Phoenix on Cox and I haven't had an issue...I've played a ton of COD4 online (as well as other games) and haven't noticed any lag. Plus on that game lag would kill you.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #40
MVP

Crucial Mike's Arena

OVR: 8

I am keeping my 360 for now, only because I can't justify the cash to trade and buy the PS3, plus I wouldn't want to lose all my guitar hero stuff for my 360.

However, if I was starting from scratch, I would definitely pick up the PS3 (to go alongside my Wii, which is my main gaming system) simply because I love baseball and would play the heck out of the show and pro yakyu spirits. Also, I played xbox last gen, and would welcome being able to play some other franchises I missed out on (i.e, Gran Turismo). I'm also not a huge online gamer.

Can't go wrong with either system though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »