Home

360 to ps3 to 360 again?

This is a discussion on 360 to ps3 to 360 again? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #57
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 360 to ps3 to 360 again?

Best situation is to have both. That way you miss nothing.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #58
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
So, to anyone who has switched from the the 360 to the PS3, do you miss anything at all, or feel tempted to go and get a 360 at some point again? For someone who doesnt play Live at all and tends to play more sport games then anything, is there much I might be missing out on if I went with the PS3 and Wii exculsively? Im trying to make sure there is nothing Im missing before I make the decision to sell the 360, keep in mind I havent touched the 360 in 1-2 months since I beat Halo 3, so Im not sure if there is anything keeping me with the 360 at this point.

On a side note, how much you guys think I might be able to get for a Halo Edition 360, Scene It, Viva Pinata Special Edition and Guitar Hero 3 for? I also will be throwing in my HDMI cable with it, Ive been thinking around 350-375 total but a lot of that is based on the fact that the Halo 360 isnt being made anymore, to my knowledge, and people are paying more for it because of that. Thanks in advance.
honestly, if you're only or primarily a sports gamer, the ps3 is the option for you. It's got all the same games as the 360, plus the Sony exclusive MLB The Show. It's also a lot more open for roster files made by communities like this. MS is all about shutting down sharing 360 game saves or files.

I switched back because I honestly hadn't played the ps3 in a while. Since getting the 360 again, I've played more than I did the past month on the ps3. Live was too good for me to leave forever as well, but that was me. I'm not going to knock the ps3, because it is a great system. It's just that the games and online service I want aren't there.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #59

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
honestly, if you're only or primarily a sports gamer, the ps3 is the option for you. It's got all the same games as the 360, plus the Sony exclusive MLB The Show. It's also a lot more open for roster files made by communities like this. MS is all about shutting down sharing 360 game saves or files.

I switched back because I honestly hadn't played the ps3 in a while. Since getting the 360 again, I've played more than I did the past month on the ps3. Live was too good for me to leave forever as well, but that was me. I'm not going to knock the ps3, because it is a great system. It's just that the games and online service I want aren't there.
I understand what your saying, its a tough choice in the end. The big drawback is that the new Splinter Cell is 360 exclusive, same with Fable 2 so its not as if Sports games are the only ones I play but they are by far the majority. Online means nothing to me, Ive had Xbox Live 2-3 seperate times and never played it so the online difference isnt a big thing. I do however enjoy the achievement system on the 360 so that is also a draw. I may just keep it, as tight as I am for money right now Im not sure making a rash decision like this just for a temporary financial gain is the smart thing to do. Thanks for the feedback though bkfount.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #60
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
So, to anyone who has switched from the the 360 to the PS3, do you miss anything at all, or feel tempted to go and get a 360 at some point again? For someone who doesnt play Live at all and tends to play more sport games then anything, is there much I might be missing out on if I went with the PS3 and Wii exculsively? Im trying to make sure there is nothing Im missing before I make the decision to sell the 360, keep in mind I havent touched the 360 in 1-2 months since I beat Halo 3, so Im not sure if there is anything keeping me with the 360 at this point.

On a side note, how much you guys think I might be able to get for a Halo Edition 360, Scene It, Viva Pinata Special Edition and Guitar Hero 3 for? I also will be throwing in my HDMI cable with it, Ive been thinking around 350-375 total but a lot of that is based on the fact that the Halo 360 isnt being made anymore, to my knowledge, and people are paying more for it because of that. Thanks in advance.
Also consider this...even if the FPS are equal on both systems come July and August, the 360 version may still look better. I've played NBA Live 08 and NBA 2k8 on both systems and they both look better on 360...doesn't one of those hoops games claim to run at 60 FPS on PS3?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 04-25-2008, 01:09 AM   #61
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Also consider this...even if the FPS are equal on both systems come July and August, the 360 version may still look better. I've played NBA Live 08 and NBA 2k8 on both systems and they both look better on 360...doesn't one of those hoops games claim to run at 60 FPS on PS3?
NBA 2K8 ran the same on both systems. If anything, the PS3 had better colors.

NBA Live ran and looked better on the 360 though.

Both PS3 versions ran at 60 fps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 01:53 AM   #62
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
NBA 2K8 ran the same on both systems. If anything, the PS3 had better colors.

NBA Live ran and looked better on the 360 though.

Both PS3 versions ran at 60 fps.
And all this time I think alot of people have been under the assumption that if the FPS are equal, then the games will look the same, and that's just not true.

I for one don't care if Madden and NCAA do run at 60 FPS anymore, b/c if the graphical gap is still large between the 2 system versions then I think I'll buy into the 360 come August.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 04-25-2008, 03:17 AM   #63

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
And all this time I think alot of people have been under the assumption that if the FPS are equal, then the games will look the same, and that's just not true.

I for one don't care if Madden and NCAA do run at 60 FPS anymore, b/c if the graphical gap is still large between the 2 system versions then I think I'll buy into the 360 come August.
True but for me, the ease of sharing files makes it a no brainer, its PS3 for me. I love being able to throw the file on my thumb drive and loading it straight into the PS3 and being done with it, where as the 360 seems to be hell bent on trying to limit this as much as they can.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 14

Its all about if your a offline gamer versus a online gamer. If ur a online gamer a 360 is a no brainer, for ease of chatting and sending game invites, growing ur friends list. If u really only care about offline and just have latest roster for ur franchise then the ps3 is the way to go.
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »