Home

How Gamestop is Ripping you off

This is a discussion on How Gamestop is Ripping you off within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: How Gamestop is Ripping you off

This is why EA and Sony team up to make games downloadable to reduce shelf space and not get ripped off from used games. It started with Head coach and the next game is burn out paradise.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:30 PM   #10
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
This is why EA and Sony team up to make games downloadable to reduce shelf space and not get ripped off from used games. It started with Head coach and the next game is burn out paradise.
But then you are stuck with the game, can never sell it or trade it in. I hate that movement.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
But then you are stuck with the game, can never sell it or trade it in. I hate that movement.
I feel, if you are a gamer and you want the industry to thrive, you shouldn't want the developer and publisher to be cut off at the knees. I don't mind them putting games up for DL after being on the shelf for a period of time and not selling. Put it in the store at a reduce price to under cut these bastards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #12
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

im not watching 40 minutes of videos, but is the first one just saying that they are "ripping you off" because people are too stupid to do math and dont spend the time to look for better prices elsewhere?
Old 09-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #13
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

^^

Last edited by GHUGHES; 09-09-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #14
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

glad this helped SOME of you out
Old 09-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #15
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I feel, if you are a gamer and you want the industry to thrive, you shouldn't want the developer and publisher to be cut off at the knees. I don't mind them putting games up for DL after being on the shelf for a period of time and not selling. Put it in the store at a reduce price to under cut these bastards.
Then the majority of games that are average, or rentals at best shouldn't cost $60. I'm fine with buying excellent games at $60, or even downloading to own. However, to assume that everyone that buys used games from gamestop are horrible people is wrong, as the thought that a game bought used from Gamestop is a lost sale for a developer is wrong. They're different consumers who obviously don't want to, or most likely can't, enjoy gaming for $60 a pop. There's nothing really wrong with wanting to then trade that game in towards another.

It just sucks that the only real options for trading off a game are gamestop, or ebay...with gamestop being the obviously easier and more convenient choice for most.

Last edited by bkfount; 09-09-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Then the majority of games that are average, or rentals at best shouldn't cost $60. I'm fine with buying excellent games at $60, or even downloading to own. However, to assume that everyone that buys used games from gamestop are horrible people is wrong, as the thought that a game bought used from Gamestop is a lost sale for a developer is wrong. They're different consumers who obviously don't want to, or most likely can't, enjoy gaming for $60 a pop. There's nothing really wrong with wanting to then trade that game in towards another.

It just sucks that the only real options for trading off a game are gamestop, or ebay...with gamestop being the obviously easier and more convenient choice for most.

excuse me, did I say anyone was horrible? and I also stated in my response that I don't mind a company after the game is not selling and has no shelf life to make the game available for DL at a reduce price instead of getting cut off at the knees by game stop used game practices.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »