Home

Anyone that has sold or gotten rid of 360

This is a discussion on Anyone that has sold or gotten rid of 360 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

EdgeCrusher's Arena

OVR: 2
Anyone that has sold or gotten rid of 360

Don't post much, long time lurker.Ok.Long story short.I'm 34, married and baby on the way. I've been a gamer since Santa(Mom and Dad) gave me a 2600.I guess it's to the point of do I really need to have 2 systems?

I got a PS3 a few months ago.Love it.Blu-Ray alone is sweet.As is The Show(which is reason I bought) and Killzone 2.To be honest I haven't touched my 360 since I got my PS3 in Feb.

Basically I'm thinking if I should trade my 360 in with games and load up on some PS3 games I've wanted.(MGS4,Resistance 1+2, Little Big Planet maybe others I am forgetting)

I just think with getting older and the new addition to family, having 2 is too much.Not to mention my gaming-haven becoming the new baby's room.

And all the multi-plats I can still play(NCAA, Madden, Modern Warfare 2)

I guess just looking for opinions.If anyone else has gotten rid of one and got full of regret.Like making a big mistake heh.Just feel like it's collecting dust at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Anyone that has sold or gotten rid of 360

My advice is to just go with your gut. I had two consoles for a while but found myself playing the 360 a lot more. I feel like more than 1 system is a waste. You can play most games on both systems so it really just comes down to preference.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I did the same, only getting rid of the PS3 when my son was born. Didn't have time to devote to 2 similar systems. If the PS3 makes you happier, and you play the games on it that you want, do what your gut says like Pappy said. I honestly haven't missed having 2 main systems, and happy with only one. I think you will be as well.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 05-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Keep both unless you need the extra cash for trading one in or something.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Easy answer: If you have both consoles, keep both consoles.

The exclusives to each console is what makes them valuable. Halo series, Gears series, Mass Effect Series, etc are reasons to keep your 360.

Uncharted, MLB The Show, Killzone 2, Heavenly Sword, etc are reasons to Keep your PS3. It's not for what games they both have, but for what games they don't have.

Exclusives outweigh everything else, also PS3 Home, and XBL. You can't balance the two. They both have too many positives to have to choose between one another. Just keep them both and live with it.

When you sell and trade you get screwed in the deal no matter how you look at it, and will never get your money's worth or value of what you originally paid.

I tell people all the time, trading is a rip off, value your stuff and keep it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Easy answer: If you have both consoles, keep both consoles.

The exclusives to each console is what makes them valuable. Halo series, Gears series, Mass Effect Series, etc are reasons to keep your 360.

Uncharted, MLB The Show, Killzone 2, Heavenly Sword, etc are reasons to Keep your PS3. It's not for what games they both have, but for what games they don't have.

Exclusives outweigh everything else, also PS3 Home, and XBL. You can't balance the two. They both have too many positives to have to choose between one another. Just keep them both and live with it.

When you sell and trade you get screwed in the deal no matter how you look at it, and will never get your money's worth or value of what you originally paid.

I tell people all the time, trading is a rip off, value your stuff and keep it.
Great advice Behindshadows.

To the OP I got rid of my 360 because of two RROD's. Haven't regretted it. If they didn't fail, I probably would still have both, but I haven't had the urge to run out and buy a 360 since having my PS3. Too many good games on the PS3 that take up my time. If you really want to sell your 360 maybe put it up for sale on Craig's List or something. But, don't go close to Gamespot for something like that. They will rip you off like no tomorrow.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 05-02-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

If you get rid of the 360, from your list of games you mentioned Little Big Planet. Whatever you do make sure you get that game. My wife and I still play it religiously, we have never laughed so hard. The game is just fun, fun, fun.

SackBoy FTW
Old 05-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #8
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

I am like a few of the guys here, owned all 3 systems. Back in January I sold my 360 because I hadn't played it much at all, but after a week I missed the darn thing so I bought another one. Then in Feb my son was born (I have 4 kids total) so gaming time to multiple systems really dropped with the PS3 getting the most usage.

Last week after not having played my 360 much, I sold it on ebay. Except this time, I'm not upset over it and missing the darn thing. I am happy with the PS3, except for a few nagging issues with PSN. If and when Gears of War 3 drops in 2010, then I may consider another 360 one of my most favorite franchises. For now the Wii and PS3 are more than adequate.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 05-03-2009 at 12:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »