Home

If you could have one console for sports games?

This is a discussion on If you could have one console for sports games? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: If you could have one console for sports games?

PS3...

MLB The Show. being able to use off the shelf items for file sharing and such, and the ability to play blu rays. Not to mention the ability to expand your internal drive by installing an off the shelf laptop drive. I paid 150bucks for a 120 GB drive for my 360. If you look at the price of storage, that's ridiculous.

I love my 360, but imo, the PS3 is simply a superior design.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 47

I agree PS3. Though I love my 360 too. But the Blue ray rocks.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Hmmmmm blu-ray is ok......I have a stand alone blu-ray player, so don't need PS3 for that. And to this date, how many PS3 games actually use blu-ray ?????????? I do believe the answer is NONE. Will they ever use it this generation for games ? Probably not.

One console for sports games......Sports games overall.....have to be 360. Xbox Live just makes it so much easier to find your friends.

Grant it The Show is great, but one sports game don't make a system seller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #12
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

For sports games, definitely the PS3! But for everything else and online I'd say 360.

Thank God I got both! I don't have to make these decisions!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Yeah got to have both consoles. For the PS3 about the only thing I like or liked playing was Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2 and Socom Confrontation, other then MLB The Show 09.

However I like everything just about on the 360.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #14
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

For me, I'd probably go with the original XBOX. I don't like the feel of a lot of the new sports games(with the exception of a few), and I've always been biased towards the older games anyway. I guess I don't like change all too well.

But, if you are talking about what you should have. If you want a solid baseball game, then the show is probably that for you(put probably because I know not everyone likes it). Thus it'd most likely be ps3.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk880
One console for sports games? If you like baseball at all, I think it's clearly got to be the PS3. The Show is far superior, and every other sports game is mutiplatform.

I myself am partial to the PS3 controller, but if you really need to simulate the feel of the 360 controller, this might help: http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Wireles...=operasport-20
I have that controller btw. It's really nice and well built. The analog sticks are still a little loose for my liking compared to the 360's but it does make a difference.

i don't know about you guys but it took me 30 years to find a controller that fit me perfectly and a system with onlne play and everything in between and that was the 360 for me. It was a tough sell and i've just been having those proverbial second thoughts. Most multiplats have something wrong with them whether the graphics are blurrier, not as detailed, jaggies or whatever. Not complaining, and i know to some these are minor things, but to me i just don't know if it was worth the hastle. Playing madden, nba 2k9 etc on the 360 was so comfortable to me. The show is great but is it really that great? i was one of the few who actually sort of liked mlb 2k9. I'd just expect for a more expensive system i wouldn't expect so many compromises and there are compromises whether fanboys tell me otherwise. Just being honest.

I do like the free online. Some of the exclusives are excellent. I miss my controller and the hastle free gameplay for the most part. I was one of the few who never got a red ring in 3 years with the 360.

My heart says 360, the hype and all the talk how this is the year of the ps3, the power of the cell will be unleashed and will take over the world blah, blah says otherwise. I honestly could care less about blu-ray. I'm a gamer here.

Last edited by kGinGreen; 05-10-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #16
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

It will never be the year of the PS3 until they dropped their price by $100.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »