Home

My xbox360, Bad news to good news to bad news

This is a discussion on My xbox360, Bad news to good news to bad news within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #17
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: My xbox360, Bad news to good news to bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Do the fix yourself man, what do you have to loose?

Look up seasprite's thread
I'm gonna send it in, per their request. If they say it's not free, I'm off to the hardware store and it's lab time! I've already got the thermal paste. I build rigs, so I should be able to get it up and running. Question, I know your warranty is void,(which it would already be anyway) but does it still work on XBL post fix?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 01-23-2010, 02:13 AM   #18
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm gonna send it in, per their request. If they say it's not free, I'm off to the hardware store and it's lab time! I've already got the thermal paste. I build rigs, so I should be able to get it up and running. Question, I know your warranty is void,(which it would already be anyway) but does it still work on XBL post fix?

I dont have an expired warranty, but seasprite reported no issues once you fix it.

I dont understand why they wont just make the thing right in the first place. If the average guy can do it why cant they manufacture them that way
Old 01-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #19
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Well, I'm bidding on a PS3 on Ebay. Trying to get a 80GB for 200.00. If I get it, then I'll be able to get The Show and I'll just send the 360 in and see if they fix it. If they don't, I'll try and fix it. Maybe I'll get kucky and get to round out the whole gaming console trio. I'll just use the 360 for Fifa and Joel's 360 games. Maybe then it'll last longer. Here's to hoping..... Man, my little fire-sale netted me 305.00 bucks. Can possibly get a PS3 and the Show with the procedes! I hope, this has been a bad week on the gaming tip...

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 01-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #20
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Got a 80 Gb PS3 for 202.50 plus $14.99 ship. Bidding on The Show 09 right now. Will be back in a sec!
Update: lost the copy is was bidding on by a dollar with a minute left. Here we go again!

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 01-24-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Well, I'm bidding on a PS3 on Ebay. Trying to get a 80GB for 200.00. If I get it, then I'll be able to get The Show and I'll just send the 360 in and see if they fix it. If they don't, I'll try and fix it. Maybe I'll get kucky and get to round out the whole gaming console trio. I'll just use the 360 for Fifa and Joel's 360 games. Maybe then it'll last longer. Here's to hoping..... Man, my little fire-sale netted me 305.00 bucks. Can possibly get a PS3 and the Show with the procedes! I hope, this has been a bad week on the gaming tip...
Did you sell off a bunch of your games on eBay? I was thinking of doing that after my Xbox died out and switching to PS3.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #22
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Did you sell off a bunch of your games on eBay? I was thinking of doing that after my Xbox died out and switching to PS3.
So far, I've just sold Punch Out, which I'd bought for the Wii. I'm holding out pending the outcome of the 360 stuff with Microsoft. Then, if they say no on the repair, I'm gonna try the repair option. If that doesn't work I'm gonna consider liquidating the 360 collection and replacing the games with PS3 ones. But I'm finding myself intrigued with this E-Bay store. I bought my PS3 off of them and am seeing some really intriguing chances at a steal or two on a console.... http://stores.ebay.com/Worlds-Best-Deals I'm trying to go triple console, and gonna try every option I can within the budget to make it happen!

Edit: Just saw how you had highlighted the part about the fire-sale. This is what I sold: Belkin router:$40, Hauppage HD-PVR 150.00, My Book 500GB 60,Punch Out 30. Plus I had returned something that was on my PayPal that put me up to 305.00. I actually only sold 280.00.

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 01-24-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
So far, I've just sold Punch Out, which I'd bought for the Wii. I'm holding out pending the outcome of the 360 stuff with Microsoft. Then, if they say no on the repair, I'm gonna try the repair option. If that doesn't work I'm gonna consider liquidating the 360 collection and replacing the games with PS3 ones. But I'm finding myself intrigued with this E-Bay store. I bought my PS3 off of them and am seeing some really intriguing chances at a steal or two on a console.... http://stores.ebay.com/Worlds-Best-Deals I'm trying to go triple console, and gonna try every option I can within the budget to make it happen!

Edit: Just saw how you had highlighted the part about the fire-sale. This is what I sold: Belkin router:$40, Hauppage HD-PVR 150.00, My Book 500GB 60,Punch Out 30. Plus I had returned something that was on my PayPal that put me up to 305.00. I actually only sold 280.00.
Ah, I see now. That was a nice haul of cash you brought in off all that stuff.

How is your warranty already expired on the latest console you just got back from them? Didn't you mention that the warranty refreshes after every fix you get? Unless I missed something.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #24
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Ah, I see now. That was a nice haul of cash you brought in off all that stuff.

How is your warranty already expired on the latest console you just got back from them? Didn't you mention that the warranty refreshes after every fix you get? Unless I missed something.
Yeah, that's where we're at now. The last guy I talked to said that it should be covered the way it was written up. It is supposed to be covered underneath the "complimentary 2 year extention." The standard warrnaty is expired, this is where the MS extra warranty is supposed to cover. So I'm gonna call tomorrow and double-check whether or not the shipping labels that sent me the other day apply. Or if I need new ones.

If I had known they would cover it, I wouldn't have sold my Hauppage, but by the time we were back at "it's covered" the Hauppage had sold. Actually it sold in 5 minutes. All 4 items sold within 8 hours. But, in hindsight, I had really been wanting to play "The Show," so this is kind of a blessing in disguise. My wife has been really cool, but if my 360 hadn't broken it would have been a totally different story. It would have been seen as overkill. But, since it was my stuff and already paid for, she's been really cool. And hopefully the 360 will come back to life, too! Out of one of the 3 options I'm looking at (MS, repairing it, or refurb off of Ebay) we'll get back into the 360 game, as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »