Home

Market for selling games are way down...

This is a discussion on Market for selling games are way down... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #49
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Market for selling games are way down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
its all about getting past the initial hype lol.
Yeah, that's the biggest issue and OS certainly does not help in that regard.

On Xbox/PS2 I was buying every sports game on release day, reserving them and taking days off from work or skipping class for certain titles. Granted I was in college then so things were different, and sports games were way better back then in context, it was still kinda foolish.

A few years ago when I was so disappointed with NCAA Football ('07 I believe) I made a stand to not buy it the next year. I avoided the forums for the entire pre-release time frame but popped in there on release day, bad idea. I ended up running out and getting the game because half of OS was having their typical "OverractionSports" initial impression to one extreme or the other (best game ever or worst game ever, very few in between) and I feel for the hype. Of course the game sucked and I sold it quickly and my lesson was learned.

As I got older and more busy, and some sports games got worse, it became easy to avoid the hype. Now I'm good. So far in 2010 I've only bought The Show and I got it a month after release. I won't be getting NCAA Football still, I'll get Madden in early/mid September and Live/2K may be my only release day purchase all year. I can live with having only one $65 video game purchase each year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »