Home

For Old School Gents - SEARS Christmas Catalog-1979

This is a discussion on For Old School Gents - SEARS Christmas Catalog-1979 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #25
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: For Old School Gents - SEARS Christmas Catalog-1979

I had the electronic bowling game on that page looked more like a pinball machine but it was sweet.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #26
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

No words needed but......CLASSIC

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

Last edited by rockchisler; 11-19-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I saw about 40 toys in there that I or my friends had. I was 9 when this came out so right in my wheel house. I saw toys in there that I completely forgot about. So funny seeing that now with a son of my own and remembering what it's like to see through a childs eyes especially at Christmas time.

Thanks so much for posting that.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #28
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15

Awesome.

I had that Atari 400 with the flat keyboard. I remember programming in basic to make it scroll "Hi Mom" on the screen.

We also had that Compster Perfection and Merlin the Electronic Wizard. We used to use it as fake phone.

Memories.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I saw about 40 toys in there that I or my friends had. I was 9 when this came out so right in my wheel house. I saw toys in there that I completely forgot about. So funny seeing that now with a son of my own and remembering what it's like to see through a childs eyes especially at Christmas time.

Thanks so much for posting that.
I was a young lad then myself. I forgot how much $25 was back then. I asked for that Millenium Flacon it was $25 in that catalog. I thought it went for way more than that because that was my dream present that year...and it never came. I think I got a few matchbox cars and a couple star wars guys and an x wing fighter that year still a great Christmas. 1979 was a tough economic year too. I remember alot of my friends parents were out of work.

I played with basically 3 toys when I was a kid. Electric Football, Navarone Mountain, and STar Wars figures.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #30
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15

Wow $549.00 for the Atari. That's why we weren't allowed to play on it. But then again we got it '83 or '84, so it might have been cheaper.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I was a young lad then myself. I forgot how much $25 was back then. I asked for that Millenium Flacon it was $25 in that catalog. I thought it went for way more than that because that was my dream present that year...and it never came. I think I got a few matchbox cars and a couple star wars guys and an x wing fighter that year still a great Christmas. 1979 was a tough economic year too. I remember alot of my friends parents were out of work.

I played with basically 3 toys when I was a kid. Electric Football, Navarone Mountain, and STar Wars figures.
I had the navarrone mountain too. Well I didn't get it new I got it from my spoiled friend who usually gave me his old toys. I usually played matchbox cars, army men, and made up my own games. Our parents simply didn't spend as much on us as we do now.

As a father I still don't spend as much on my son as my friends. He gets some great stuff, but I'm not dropping 500-1000 on my kid at Christmas. To me that's absolutely crazy. He has a ton of toys. To me it's more important that I spend time with him. That's why I won't get him a NDS. I see how my nieces tune out with that thing and I don't like it.

He does play video games but only for an allotted amount of time and usually with us. The good thing is he'd RATHER play outside than play video games. I think less is more, kids need to learn to appreciate and take care of things or else they make ****ty adults.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 14

One of the things I always wanted was a yellow/green 2 seater go-kart that was always in the Sears catalog. I dont remember the name but I thought it was the coolest

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »