Home

Sony on pace to sell 15 million PS3 consoles this year

This is a discussion on Sony on pace to sell 15 million PS3 consoles this year within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Sony on pace to sell 15 million PS3 consoles this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
I agree but that does not mean anything to me because the games I get on a yearly basis are

Madden
NCAA
NBA 2K
COD
Gears

And those are all better on 360

My PS3 waiting list is just

THe Show
Uncharted

Agreed, I used to be a stickily sports gamers, but now I'm into everything lately, the ps3 first party to my is just getting the best of MS and I can careless about the kinect, I know it's the hottest thing right now but they need the get back to producing good quality first party games or believe it or not they can be in trouble.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 12-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Agreed, I used to be a stickily sports gamers, but now I'm into everything lately, the ps3 first party to my is just getting the best of MS and I can careless about the kinect, I know it's the hottest thing right now but they need the get back to producing good quality first party games or believe it or not they can be in trouble.

But that is just not true. MS is not in trouble, They have the biggest online community and exclusive games are not the driving point.

MS is smart, they are putting their resources to what makes the big money on a yearly basis. That is 3rd party titles. Why do you think they are the ones that always get DLC first and have the commercials for 3rd party games being put on blast through MS advertising.

MS is bowing down to PS3 in terms of exclusives. Uncharted every 2-3 years and Killzone every 2 years or Grand Tourismo every decade LOL

Is not going to dethrone the 360 base.

This is no knock on the PS3. But they do not produce spit out 3rd party games like the 360 with the ability to have first dibs on all DLC

New Black Ops DLC is already set to come out and no word on PS3

That and the fact that they run better on 360 is the reason they outsell the ps3

If I want an exclusive title, I look to my ps3 to see what they have. I love them but once I beat it, that is it, no replay value

3rd party games have the most replay value and they are just better on 360

MLB the Show is the one title that spends more then a month on my ps3 because it is a sports title.

On Xbox live, I log in and is like playing, so many things to do and highlights to watch.

When I log on to PSN, I feel like I am dealing with a ps3 dashboard with little to do and little calling me
Old 12-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
But that is just not true. MS is not in trouble, They have the biggest online community and exclusive games are not the driving point.

MS is smart, they are putting their resources to what makes the big money on a yearly basis. That is 3rd party titles. Why do you think they are the ones that always get DLC first and have the commercials for 3rd party games being put on blast through MS advertising.

MS is bowing down to PS3 in terms of exclusives. Uncharted every 2-3 years and Killzone every 2 years or Grand Tourismo every decade LOL

Is not going to dethrone the 360 base.

This is no knock on the PS3. But they do not produce spit out 3rd party games like the 360 with the ability to have first dibs on all DLC

New Black Ops DLC is already set to come out and no word on PS3

That and the fact that they run better on 360 is the reason they outsell the ps3

If I want an exclusive title, I look to my ps3 to see what they have. I love them but once I beat it, that is it, no replay value

3rd party games have the most replay value and they are just better on 360

MLB the Show is the one title that spends more then a month on my ps3 because it is a sports title.

On Xbox live, I log in and is like playing, so many things to do and highlights to watch.

When I log on to PSN, I feel like I am dealing with a ps3 dashboard with little to do and little calling me
true, I guess what I'm really trying to say is, I hope we get some more exclusive titles for the 360 this year.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:

I feel the same way. I'm not even XBL Gold anymore and when I'm logged into my 360 I feel connected to everything and the experience is a lot more personable. And there's a TON of content readily available; on the PS3 everything seems difficult to get to and is slow (to download content). Even though I have free online w/the PS3, I feel totally disconnected. I like being able to play the occasional exclusive like GoW3/Uncharted, but outside of that the only time my PS3 gets turned on is to play blu-rays. I do love my fat glossy PS3 and wouldn't trade it, but if I had to choose between the two I'd pick the 360

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Im guessing most of those sales are from Japan where the PS3 sells like hot cakes and the 360 doesnt do as well.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #14
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Im guessing most of those sales are from Japan where the PS3 sells like hot cakes and the 360 doesnt do as well.
Yup, as of the 18th, the 360 sold just under 700,000 units where Sony only did just under 400,000. Sony destroys the Xbox in Japan and is doing better in Europe than Microsoft. Still, The Xbox has outsold the PS3 so far. We will see what the sales look like for next week but The Xbox 360 will probably outsell the PS3 for another holiday season.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #15
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't think this is about dethroning the 360 user base. Sony is doing things right with the PS3 and that's why their numbers are up. Superior exclusive deals are a lot of why the console is outselling the 360 this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I don't think this is about dethroning the 360 user base. Sony is doing things right with the PS3 and that's why their numbers are up. Superior exclusive deals are a lot of why the console is outselling the 360 this year.
As long as the 3rd party titles continue to be better on 360 then that will keep MS on top.

Last edited by Giants4Natic; 12-28-2010 at 05:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »