Home

How the PS4 is shaping up to be the next must-own console

This is a discussion on How the PS4 is shaping up to be the next must-own console within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #17
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
I am sure Sony is still working on it. Things are R&D all the time. And they are a big enough to have simultaneous development.

But I doubt we see anything until 2013. Economy, and the longevity of the current systems are a huge factor.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #18
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: How the PS4 is shaping up to be the next must-own console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11
The big rumor going around is that Sony shelved the PS4 plans to focus on the NGP after Intel's Larrabee flopped. It seems to make sense, considering how hard they are pushing the PS3-NGP interoperability.
Im not 100% sure but I think Sony confirmed that they are focusing on the NGP and PS4 wont come out in 2012.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 03-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #19
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

All this maxed out talk is nonsense. Naughty Dog said that about Uncharted 2 and boom, here is Uncharted 3 and they're saying the same thing. Fall 2013 seems to be the earliest.

Also Sony better just either stick with the Cell, or go back to conventional architecture and not go another exotic processing design.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #20
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

They better keep the download only games for the pc crowd. They definitely could improve their network. I really can see the PS3 lasting a bit longer. And all that garbage about them pushing the console to the brink is garbage. I'll believe it when I see smarter A.I. Seems like they fail to work on making the "enemies" logical in any of these games nowadays. Sure do look quite beautiful though.

And laughing at them quoting Acclaim. Are they even relevant anymore? I thought they folded years ago.......
Old 03-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #21
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist

And laughing at them quoting Acclaim. Are they even relevant anymore? I thought they folded years ago.......
Yeah, Acclaim Entertainment folded in like 2003, then they bought the name and founded Acclaim Games to bring Asian MMOs to Europe and America and Dave Perry worked briefly on one title.

What's funny is that the "recent" quote was from 3+ years ago and the Playstation division has been profitable since.

Reading more from the article, even more sources are from years ago. This article was posted in August 2010 and it points back to the previously mentioned "recent" quote, and goes on to talk about Microsoft "recently" slashing prices by pointing back at a 2008 article about a Woolworths holiday pricing of a 360 arcade at 130 pounds. I'm convinced that it was written years ago and just not posted until now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #22
MVP

SqueakyD's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11
.... I'm convinced that it was written years ago and just not posted until now.
Yup.
I found a digg submission that links to this article... It's dated September 12, 08.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 13

Way too early for next-gen consoles. Most people are fine with their current PS3 or Xbox, and with all the firmware updates and Move/Kinect, the XBox360 or PS3 today is really not even the same machine it was at launch. I mean, the XBox is almost completely different now.

Personally, I won't be ready for a new console for at least another 2-3 years, and even then...
Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #24
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Way too early for next-gen consoles. Most people are fine with their current PS3 or Xbox, and with all the firmware updates and Move/Kinect, the XBox360 or PS3 today is really not even the same machine it was at launch. I mean, the XBox is almost completely different now.

Personally, I won't be ready for a new console for at least another 2-3 years, and even then...
I think this is about right. They are constantly updating these machines. Now MSFT with a bit extra disc space. They know people are not ready, and the profits they are finally turning, they want to keep it going as long as they can.

That is also the beauty of HD now, it gave these machines much longer legs than the past.

And both can do 3D it seems, so the legs are even longer.

No rush.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »