Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2015, 12:04 PM   #16609
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabke
The more I play my Xbox, the more I want to make it my primary console. I'll never trade in my PS4, but I love the controller so much, and may eventually upgrade to the elite if it drops $50 or so.
I agree. I love the controller, but I'll never make the jump to XB1 due to the majority of my friends being on PS4.

Right now all of my gaming time has been taken up by NBA 2K (which I play offline on PS4 and has pros/cons for each system) and Madden (which I only play online and I chose PS4 because of my friends). My XB1 actually hasn't even been turned on since August, but that will change as soon as I get Tomb Raider. The last Tomb Raider game was one of my favorites games from last gen and the new one being a timed exclusive was one of XB1's big selling points for me. However, I don't think I can pull myself away from 2K right now to play it... maybe if I find a deal on or around Black Friday.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 11-12-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #16610
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

So I read that the elite console is 20% faster with the new controller as well. See that GS still has $250 trade in deal going. Is it really worth the jump?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #16611
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
LOL!

Been playing NBA 2K. I've got a dynasty thread on the '92-93 Hornets going. As you all know, sports games are giant time sucks with no end. I've also got young kids at home and a lot going on at work and with family, church, and other things. So my gaming time is limited. I'd love to do Fallout 4, but it's on the backlog.

This year, I've done FIFA 15, Shadow of Mordor, XCOM: Enemy Within, Football Manager 13, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Child of Light.

Next up? Probably Skyrim, as I got the game and all expansions on Steam for $12. Of course, that'll probably wait until I finish up my playtime with NBA 2K.

I do want to play Fallout, and Tom Raider, and The Witcher, and Dragon Age, and replay all the Mass Effects, and check out Battlefront, and Never Alone, and...by the time I do, it might be 2020.
I'm going Fallout right now, but have to dedicate to that. Young kids kills your time, I hear ya there! I like EA Access with sports games (though haven't tried Live lol)...gets me older versions enough where I don't waste money on something I don't play a ton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #16612
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

I think the only thing that's keeping me from a XB1 is no baseball...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #16613
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
So this only happens in TV & Netflix? Any other video apps? Is it just pixelated? Lower resolution? Something else?

I am too far removed from what we're doing there to have any useful info. Sorry.
It is all grainy. Not so much pixelated but is is almost fuzzy in a way. Watching Breaking Bad last night and football on Sunday the picture is dirty. It is hard to explain.

Some things in the foreground are clear while stuff in the background is all blurred out. And other times things up close look all grainy or dirty.

But, gaming it looks great. So there is def something up. When I get home I'm going to directly connect my cable box to my tv to see if that makes the picture better. But I am assuming there is something creating these weird grainy pictures.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:50 PM   #16614
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
So I read that the elite console is 20% faster with the new controller as well. See that GS still has $250 trade in deal going. Is it really worth the jump?

I am interested as well.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:05 PM   #16615
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I agree. I love the controller, but I'll never make the jump to XB1 due to the majority of my friends being on PS4.

Right now all of my gaming time has been taken up by NBA 2K (which I play offline on PS4 and has pros/cons for each system) and Madden (which I only play online and I chose PS4 because of my friends). My XB1 actually hasn't even been turned on since August, but that will change as soon as I get Tomb Raider. The last Tomb Raider game was one of my favorites games from last gen and the new one being a timed exclusive was one of XB1's big selling points for me. However, I don't think I can pull myself away from 2K right now to play it... maybe if I find a deal on or around Black Friday.
Come on Jay....BF will have 2K at Walmart for 27 dollars...Get the X1 version which has 2 things PS4 does not...Well 3 things

1. Full working highlights without having to do crazy workarounds

2. Specific rumbles to alert of left and right hand dribbles

3. Most important...A better controller.

I will try and get you a code for the xb1 full game...I will see what I can pull
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 01:07 PM   #16616
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980

There is a small bump in load times and games like Fall Out with the hitch are fixed with the hybrid drive.

But

Biggest advantage and worth the extra 250 is the Elite controller...It is like holding a magic pearl found in a cave...Is mystical when you hold it...Dead Serious...=)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »