Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2019, 02:13 PM   #25001
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Yes, if you have 2 xboxes then that's the strategy.

Yeah, the issue (that I haven't had yet, but could in the future) is if both of us want to play at the same time then you can't just use the one main account.

I agree that the internal network idea is intriguing....That stuff would be awesome. I agree on all the limitations and stuff too, just not about to be buying more stuff for kids and all that.
Yeah I have been wanting this since the beginning. From the beginning it was always the gf would play on my home xbox to use my digital games and live, then I would play on hers in the other room. So one gold sub and one digital game meant playing online coop games together.

But then the xbox devices grew. Replaced the 2 originals with 2 S's. Replaced the 2 S's with 2 X's. Then got a 3rd X for the basement when I re-did all the furniture, sound system, and tv. So currently we own 7 xbox ones, 5 are connected to tvs (though only the 3 X's are really used for gaming.) My gf is forced to play in the family room every time to access the games. Then I have to be in the office or basement. No switching around for her, meaning never in the family room for me (which sucks because that's where all the best electronics are lol)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #25002
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
Yeah I have been wanting this since the beginning. From the beginning it was always the gf would play on my home xbox to use my digital games and live, then I would play on hers in the other room. So one gold sub and one digital game meant playing online coop games together.

But then the xbox devices grew. Replaced the 2 originals with 2 S's. Replaced the 2 S's with 2 X's. Then got a 3rd X for the basement when I re-did all the furniture, sound system, and tv. So currently we own 7 xbox ones, 5 are connected to tvs (though only the 3 X's are really used for gaming.) My gf is forced to play in the family room every time to access the games. Then I have to be in the office or basement. No switching around for her, meaning never in the family room for me (which sucks because that's where all the best electronics are lol)
About to be my problem too. I want a S or X (or maybe just the new one next year) and I'll never sell these back (not enough value for what you get in having one). My kids can play tons of older games in the future and they'll love them.

I feel you with not being on the great screen LOL. I sneak time in the bedroom later at night right now since I never have time where I'm alone and able to really be in the living room.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:13 PM   #25003
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Yes, if you have 2 xboxes then that's the strategy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-12-2019, 09:04 AM   #25004
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Has anyone picked up an Xbox One SAD?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #25005
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

No, if it was a SADX id have considered taking a one X and launch One down and traded it in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #25006
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
No, if it was a SADX id have considered taking a one X and launch One down and traded it in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah...I just don't think there's much value now, but i could see in the future there being some amazing deals if people want additional boxes
Old 05-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #25007
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Curious of community thoughts on visual vs. performance modes on the X.

So I just started getting into Gears 4 via Games Pass with my new X. I feel like visual modes vs. performance modes play with my brain. I can never settle on one, especially in Gears 4.

Back story, I had the X for a few months before upgrading to a 4K OLED, so performance mode on 1080 was my only option. Now that I have a 4K TV, even performance mode looks better on that. Visual mode seems just slightly brighter and more defined, but not by much. I find myself going back and forth, looking for details that don't seem that dramatic.

Am I alone in this?
Old 05-20-2019, 12:10 AM   #25008
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Curious of community thoughts on visual vs. performance modes on the X.

So I just started getting into Gears 4 via Games Pass with my new X. I feel like visual modes vs. performance modes play with my brain. I can never settle on one, especially in Gears 4.

Back story, I had the X for a few months before upgrading to a 4K OLED, so performance mode on 1080 was my only option. Now that I have a 4K TV, even performance mode looks better on that. Visual mode seems just slightly brighter and more defined, but not by much. I find myself going back and forth, looking for details that don't seem that dramatic.

Am I alone in this?

On some games it’s a lot more noticeable than others. I haven’t tried performance on gears 4 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »