Home

Anybody Not Going Next-Gen This Year? Why?

This is a discussion on Anybody Not Going Next-Gen This Year? Why? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Anybody Not Going Next-Gen This Year? Why?

nah picking up both day 1 to go with my gaming rig....
Old 09-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I'm waiting till next year at some point. Nothing at launch is appeaing enough to drop $400-500 on, since I can play every game I want on my 360 now. Also, I just won off twitter yesterday a copy of Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts, Batman Arkham Origins, and Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag all for 360. Made the decision even easier because outside of Batman, those were the games I wanted to get on next gen.

Titanfall/Infamous release will help me decide if I jump in then or not.
You make good points....I can still get WD, B4, Batman, etc for current gen.

I need to really consider this going forward. Don't really need a new console now anyways, so let the dust settle and figure it out next year or so.

Just so tempting to get a new system, but there's not really that much forcing you to do it (plus my PC is decent enough for games).
Old 09-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #19
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
You make good points....I can still get WD, B4, Batman, etc for current gen.

I need to really consider this going forward. Don't really need a new console now anyways, so let the dust settle and figure it out next year or so.

Just so tempting to get a new system, but there's not really that much forcing you to do it (plus my PC is decent enough for games).
I think having kids, mortgage and other stuff going on in my life has helped me here a bit. I will want it, hell I want a next gen system now. But I know I don't need it. I've been good. Held off the WiiU, held off a PS3 every March when The Show looked so fantastic. I've been a one system gamer for over 5 years now, and honestly, most of my life. I only had a Genesis, only had a PS1, etc.

Can't wait to play the games coming though. Just nothing on next gen that will be that much different IMO.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #20
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm not going next-gen this year either. I'm gonna wait 2 years to see what kind of bugs pop up with these systems and what kind of games come out for it.

That and I'm not ready for a new console yet. I'm perfectly content with my PS3 and 360.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #21
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I have a PS4 preordered but as it stands right now I would say that I am about 80% leaning toward cancelling that pre-order. I figured next gen would be natural progression and that games would start getting very weak on current consoles, but GTA V and GTA V online for ps3 combined with Pro Evo, Total War and State of Decay on PC all make it so the only reason to go next gen is if something console specific really showed very well. I was hanging my hat on Madden since I could only stomach current gen for about 2 days and need my football fix, but the lack of info on next gen Madden is very concerning.

Nothing I have seen on next gen (at least at launch) strikes me as anything I really need or can't play on my PC. That being said I will have to have one next march when MLB the Show comes out so the question is how many of the launch bugs will be worked out by March and should I wait or just go ahead and pick one up knowing that it will more than likely not be used during most of my gaming time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #22
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm going to wait until around Feb or Mar to pick up a Xbox One. I feel like the 360 is still going strong, by then I should be through with most of the games I am playing or will soon be playing. Should let some of the crazy de,and that usually happens go away as well.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #23
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I have a good PC and pretty much play every major title on it. I have plenty of games I'm still playing and none of the early console exclusives do anything for me, so I can definitely hold off.

I'm waiting to see what The Show looks like for 14. If they offer things I've been waiting for that they can't offer for this gen (deeper stats and franchise options, mainly) then I'll pick one up next spring. If not, I'll probably hold off for quite awhile.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

My wife has been out of work since 2011, so can't swing next-gen systems this year. Good news is she is in job training right now with a company and she should get hired on full-time in three weeks

I want a PS4 to start, and we'll see about the XOne. I might be a one-system dude for next-gen, at least for a year or so. I agree with the others here that are also taking a wait-and-see on the launches to see how the machines shake down initially, and see how the software scores out. I'd also like to actually get my hands on each system's controller at a kiosk to see which I really like best.

This gen, I got a 360 at launch, then didn't get a PS3 until BluRay won the HD War because I use it primarily for movies. The 360 has been my go-to gamer box for almost all cross-platform stuff because I prefer the controller, Forza, and Xbox Live.

However...Sony has some nice exclusives as well with the God of War games, Infamous, and of course, The Show.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »