Home

Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons

This is a discussion on Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #529
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Owners of both PS4 and Xbox One: Pros and Cons

I have a one and love it. Chances are your wife will not enjoy watching anything in snap while you play a game though.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #530
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Mainly a gamer but I just finished watching two episodes of Defiance that just recently ended season two. Watched them on my laptop via Hulu. Laptop or via Xbox One, one thing that frustrates me is the fact that in order to watch episodes the next day, I actually need cable and have to link my provider. As if I would really need to watch online if im paying for cable. I would watch the episodes as they happen. To me, that's just stupid. Thankfully, I have gotten smarter and stopped paying for extra stuff that I can watch for free.

On topic.....I guess all that multi-media stuff is great for those like you but for people like me, it's just pointless and useless when I have a laptop. Now, if I didn't have a laptop, then perhaps, it would be a different story. And in general, im not bashing those who use Xbox One for all the multi-media stuff, I just hate reading the majority of posts that favor Xbox One and list the multi-media aspect as the console's number one positive when the majority of stuff can still be done via a PC.

In the end, to each his/her own though.

I have a couple laptops and a couple iPads in my household. It doesn't change the fact that the multimedia side of the one is a great feature.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #531
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
He's just a gamer, which is cool.

I'm a father, husband, and wear 10 other hats along with Gamer now.

I don't want to have to teach my wife or mother in law how to hook a laptop up to the main tv in order to watch Netflix. Therefore we use various boxes (blu-ray streaming, old consoles, etc). Now with the One it's way simpler for people to learn how to do streaming and whatnot. IMO it's made it a part of the living room in a great way.

It would have been more annoying to have to buy a webcam for my wife to Skype, then she's forced to sit in the corner where we have our PC and monitor. Now she can skype with the picture on the huge TV, just by talking to the tv. She calls her mom and sister on that a ton now.

I don't think you can really undervalue how easy it can make it for "non gamers" to use. I remember trying to show my wife something on the PS3 and the menu/blade system wasn't very intuitive for her so she basically bailed.

Just something to consider. I still agree that pure gamer is better served by a PS4. I've also realized that I'm no longer a pure gamer, and love all the features the One gets me now. Before my systems would gather dust for all but the 3ish hours a week I can play. Now we use the consoles constantly, I can be watching tv and pretty instantly switch to a Netflix movie if I'm bored (something I do when watching the baby early while my wife sleeps).

This is exactly why I will probably be buying the Xbone today instead of PS4. I'm like you and even though I'm still interested in gaming I do not have that much time with it to just game for hours with many games. I will get more out of the Xbone than I would the PS4 it sounds like that for that reason. I also am really in to the multi media stuff as well and I use all that stuff. I mainly use my PS3 now for netflix and other things more than I do games. I also am only about online gaming when I do game and will never really play a game offline so the online service I want to be the best possible for what I pay for.

I am a computer geek and that is what I do for a living as a network administrator and have multiple laptops... but I don't really hook them up to my home entertainment system in my living room.

Last edited by steveeee; 09-23-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #532
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
These threads crack me up.

My dad can beat up your dad...

My dad knows Karate...

Yeah?...MY dad knows Karate AND can throw knives while juggling oranges.

I don't think your telling me the truth

Well you smell like rotten fish!

Carry on....

M.K.

Knight165

Funny thing is you did this same thing for years in the MLB the show forums 😜 lol.

Ps: I'm just pulling your leg Knight lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #533
Banned

Quote:
With how you're talking why not just get a power gaming laptop and do everything on your laptop? You can play nearly all games on PC, and get them cheaper too....Something to consider, might be more expensive but better investment into a nice laptop....
I'm not a PC gamer. Have always and will always prefer gaming on a console. That's what im used to, what I like and prefer.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #534
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
I'm not a PC gamer. Have always and will always prefer gaming on a console. That's what im used to, what I like and prefer.
That's cool...just interesting considering how adamant you are about using the PC, but you're also adamant about not using your PC lol.

I get where you're coming from though, I'm not a PC gaming fan totally either (never know if my current PC can handle something, better off with consoles).
Old 09-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #535
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
He's just a gamer, which is cool.

I'm a father, husband, and wear 10 other hats along with Gamer now.

I don't want to have to teach my wife or mother in law how to hook a laptop up to the main tv in order to watch Netflix. Therefore we use various boxes (blu-ray streaming, old consoles, etc). Now with the One it's way simpler for people to learn how to do streaming and whatnot. IMO it's made it a part of the living room in a great way.

It would have been more annoying to have to buy a webcam for my wife to Skype, then she's forced to sit in the corner where we have our PC and monitor. Now she can skype with the picture on the huge TV, just by talking to the tv. She calls her mom and sister on that a ton now.

I don't think you can really undervalue how easy it can make it for "non gamers" to use. I remember trying to show my wife something on the PS3 and the menu/blade system wasn't very intuitive for her so she basically bailed.

Just something to consider. I still agree that pure gamer is better served by a PS4. I've also realized that I'm no longer a pure gamer, and love all the features the One gets me now. Before my systems would gather dust for all but the 3ish hours a week I can play. Now we use the consoles constantly, I can be watching tv and pretty instantly switch to a Netflix movie if I'm bored (something I do when watching the baby early while my wife sleeps).

Not only that, but I went ps4 first because of the whole debacle with Microsoft at first and was a little bit upset at the way they handled things in the beginning. I was mainly a 360 guy last gen. At first I also felt like I wouldn't need any of the multimedia stuff either, but after getting the one and seeing how my wife, my kid and I enjoy it it became the console I use more. And like you said it makes it so much easier to use than a laptop especially for the family. Also enjoyed many of their exclusives too especially Forza.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #536
MVP

Artman22's Arena

The Xbox one is a console that you have to try out yourself to really appreciate all it has to offer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »