Home

I'm getting a PS3 for the first time. Tips?

This is a discussion on I'm getting a PS3 for the first time. Tips? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #17
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I'm getting a PS3 for the first time. Tips?

Whether you're getting one or keeping your PS3......This is a must have. PS4 is still in the works.

HBO Go app hitting PS3 today, no word on PS4

Quote:
HBO Go, the network's streaming service, will be available on PlayStation 3 later today through a free app, Sony has announced on the PlayStation Blog. Sony is working "diligently" with HBO to get the PlayStation 4 version ready, PlayStation executive Phil Rosenberg said, but there's no release date yet for it.

The HBO Go app will be free to download on PS3 and PS4, but you'll need an HBO subscription from your cable or satellite provider to access on-demand content like episodes of Game of Thrones or True Detective.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hbo.../1100-6418098/
Old 03-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

It's too bad you missed the Christmas season. My PS3 was almost exclusively a Blu-ray player for years but over the past two months I've gotten God of War Ascension, Last of Us, and MLB the Show 13 for $20 or less apiece. And I'd agree with others, PS+ gives tremendous value. Getting full access to the new Devil May Cry (which I love despite the hardcore's condemning it), Bioshock Infinite, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, and Metro Last Light... Games I'm enjoying that I might not have tried out if I had to purchase on my own. I've never taken my PS3 online to play others but PS+ value is tremendous just for the games alone for me. I was skeptical and only brought one year when there was a half off sale; I should've gotten a couple. Now playing my PS3 just as much as my 360

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 03-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #19
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

How long do you think they will support the Ps3? Reason why I ask is I may get one as well.. If they do support do you think the games at this point will be ports of previous years or are they committed to the ps3..
Old 03-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
How long do you think they will support the Ps3? Reason why I ask is I may get one as well.. If they do support do you think the games at this point will be ports of previous years or are they committed to the ps3..
I would guess there are a couple of years left in the console. At $400 it is tough to avoid upgrading to the 4 for too long. You should be able to get pretty much anything you want for the 3 for around 10 bucks save this year's editions.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #21
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Bump.

I'm planning on getting a BC unit after Christmas. Other than the usual suspects listed above what are some other games I "must have" in my collection? Anybody like Yakuza here?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

I'll second 3D Dot Game Heroes especially if you're a Zelda Link to the Past fan as it's basically a homage to it.

Also recommend Dragon's Crown if you like 2D beat em ups (Final Fight, Streets of Rage, etc.).
Old 12-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #23
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Bump.

I'm planning on getting a BC unit after Christmas. Other than the usual suspects listed above what are some other games I "must have" in my collection? Anybody like Yakuza here?

I highly recommend Metal Gear Solid collection of you haven't played the series. You can get that and MGS4 for $30 total.

Heavy Rain is another must own.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 12-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #24
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

How are the remastered collections for GoW and Sly Cooper?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »