Home

Sony releases first new details of the next PS PS5

This is a discussion on Sony releases first new details of the next PS PS5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2019, 05:19 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Sony releases first new details of the next PS PS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
You are delusional if you think MS and Sony are not going to do a mid gen refresh. You need to stop thinking like Sony and MS are your friend...They are in the business of making money and many will buy the PS5 PRO and XBOX PRO because there is a huge thirst to have the best even in console space
I know neither are my friend and that it's all a business but unlike PS4/Xbox One where the Pro/X were actually upgrades, I just don't see what they could possibly include if the base console is already a powerhouse? But that's a ways away. Either way, I see next gen lasting for at least 8 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 05:41 PM   #42
All Star

Just saw this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSacAvT7Vys

Also with how long its been now Sense Batman Arkham knight came out and with not getting any news about what Rocksteady is doing next other than it being said its not going to be another batman game and they are not making a superman game I am starting to think its going to be a next gen game and could be shown when ever next gen systems start showing there games.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:50 AM   #43
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I'm not convinced anything will handle 8k for a while....we were sold the 4k thing with Pro and X and while they can somewhat the 3rd party games tend to struggle a bit more hitting things perfectly. I think that's just more of a buzzword selling point right now.
8k compatible doesn't actually mean anything yet because there's no standard for it.

Currently the Xbox 360 is just as 8k compatible as the PS5 - because they both have HDMI ports.

Last I read 8k is going to be a couple % of the market by 2024 or so. Won't be a factor for this first next iteration of consoles.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #44
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
8k compatible doesn't actually mean anything yet because there's no standard for it.

Currently the Xbox 360 is just as 8k compatible as the PS5 - because they both have HDMI ports.

Last I read 8k is going to be a couple % of the market by 2024 or so. Won't be a factor for this first next iteration of consoles.
Exactly....Compatible vs actually handling it at a quality frame rate are two completely different things....

I personally don't think 8k is really going to be as big a deal for people at home either, not like regular HD and 4k was. That's a separate argument though (I don't know where everything will settle at as a default high end, 8k, or whatever)
Old 04-18-2019, 02:51 PM   #45
All Star

So who knowns if this is true or not but if it is maybe its not a next gen game but I still think there next game will be next gen. https://gamerant.com/suicide-squad-game-rocksteady/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So who knowns if this is true or not but if it is maybe its not a next gen game but I still think there next game will be next gen. https://gamerant.com/suicide-squad-game-rocksteady/
Could be true especially since the game would fit in with WB's focus towards online multi-player and co-op.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:52 PM   #47
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Could be true especially since the game would fit in with WB's focus towards online multi-player and co-op.
It worries me because I am like a offline gamer only. Like the only thing I have ever played online is splatoon 2 and it is heck of fun but yeah I dont care for online playing like out side of that.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
It worries me because I am like a offline gamer only. Like the only thing I have ever played online is splatoon 2 and it is heck of fun but yeah I dont care for online playing like out side of that.
Yeah, me too. Only online game I want to play is Tetris 99 for Switch because I love Tetris and always wanted to play against others when I was a kid/teenager. LOL.

As for Rocksteady, according to job listings, it seems like their next game is online multi-player focused but it's not 100% certain because WB has been resetting their studios projects so who knows. Just have to wait and see.

I still have dreams of a Rocksteady game based on old school TMNT but sadly, that's probably not going to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »