Home

Diamond Dynasty - What's your lineup?

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty - What's your lineup? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Dynasty - What's your lineup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArrow
I like this trend of not speding money/not buying packs.
Could also mean SSD might wise up and actually up the quality of their packs, because we know they're not very good.

Hows Hughes as a closer? I have him in my deck, but not activated.

Also want G.Cole as my #1, he's a flamethrower
Honestly Cole is my favorite player but in DD he kinda sucks gives up too many hits. The best pitcher I used so far was Tanaka but his motion is so slow and then Scherzer
Old 04-05-2015, 09:57 PM   #18
Rookie

DarkArrow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
Honestly Cole is my favorite player but in DD he kinda sucks gives up too many hits. The best pitcher I used so far was Tanaka but his motion is so slow and then Scherzer
I can see that being the case. G.Cole is not as OP as he was last year, still fantastic, more so in real life.
From the online play, Tanaka gets a lot of swings and misses because of that motion and his speed changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
Rotation:
Nolan Ryan
Max Scherzer
Jose Fernandez
Yu Darvish
Matt Latos
there's a rotation I wouldn't want to face.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:03 PM   #19
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
Lineup:

Rotation:
Nolan Ryan
Max Scherzer
Jose Fernandez
Yu Darvish
Matt Latos

Your #5 is my ace lol
Old 04-06-2015, 12:34 AM   #20
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

My California Bulls lineup-

SS - Jean Segura
2B - Kolten Wong
CF - Andrew McCutchen
RF - Giancarlo Stanton
LF - Jay Bruce
1B - Brandon Belt
C. - Kurt Suzuki
3B - David Freese
P. - Matt Cain

Pretty happy with my lineup so far. Stanton has been a straight beast!! Probably start trying to get some pitching packs next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 04-06-2015, 02:35 AM   #21
Rookie

DarkArrow's Arena

^ nice lineup. Just curious how did you get Stanton? Did you buy him off the market or did you pull him.

I wouldn't mind a Stanton but his price is out of my range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #22
Rookie

only bought 75k stubs + anniversery edition to be able to have funds to play the market and made more than a mill with that in a couple of days.
Identify good players to put good buy offers on at the time and then sell them. for example I think i bought over 10 tulotiwzkis for 40-43k and sold them for 55-63k. I got all collections done except 1. I could of done a bit more trading to get those but I would rather have something to work towards and enjoy my 150% stubs and items bonus. (29+1 stadium done)

Sp Clayton kershew 99
Sp Nolan Ryan 98
Sp felix hernendez 97
sp Tom Seaver 97
Sp phil niekro 92 (i like him because of knuckle ball) but I also got chris sale max sherzer and adam wainright as options

Line up
C S Diamond dynasty player 99 everything
cf R Mike trout 99
lf L ted williams 99
1b R migueal cabrera 99
3b R mike schmidt 99
2b L Robinson cano 95
RF R G stanton 94
SS R Troy tulowitzky

bench
RF R Al kaline 97
C R Johnny Bench 97
2B L rod Carew 93
1b R Jeff bagwell 98
LF R Ralph Kiner

Bullpen

R Darraen oday 81 ( I like his delivery)
L arlodis chapman 89
R Kenley Jansen 90
L Sean dolittle 90
R Dennis Eckersley 96
R Craig Kimbrel 96
Old 04-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #23
Rookie

Some card flipping tips though now that I am done. Use an excel sheet to write down all cards you buy and then how much you sell them for. Its fun to keep track of your profits just make sure to make it so it multiplies your sell price by .95 and then subtracts your buy price. But the real reason you do that is it helps you identify good deals later on really well. Also Always used the buy order to buy things and sell order to sell things Unless there is an absoulte steal in either one. Make sure to keep checking back on them and overcut/undercut by about 150. Don't overcut/undercut by 1 because that is just rude and also it makes people think you are flipping cards and sometimes people sell to the one that is 1 over.

aim for around 10k profit per card. I only dealt with diamond players and high value gold players like pedroia. I sometimes went for 5k profits on cards i knew would sell fast because i don't want to waste a buy/sell order. they have limited ones.

Also and probably the most important thing. is to know when Not to underdcut. For example let's say you have a troy tulowitzky up for 59k that you bought for 41k. and someone suddently tries to sells it for 52k. Since You know the troy tulowitzky market well and you know when that hapepns he usually goes back up to 60k+ later. Just let that other one sell. I have had cards that were third or fourth in line sell within an hour or two.

same goes for buy orders but that you can just ignore that card for a bit until the buy order goes down. Like if people are buying troy for 50k+ just ignore it for a while and work with gio etc.

once you have a bunch of cards like i did I pretty much had the leading buy AND the lowest sell orders on a bunch of the same diamond cards. I had as many as i had buy/sell orders.

I was alot of fun having a buster posey buy order for 20k at the same time i have it sellign for 32k.

I flipped alot of cards within 5-10 minitues. I had some actually flip within the same miniute on the transaction page. It was funny.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimerd
only bought 75k stubs + anniversery edition to be able to have funds to play the market and made more than a mill with that in a couple of days.
Identify good players to put good buy offers on at the time and then sell them. for example I think i bought over 10 tulotiwzkis for 40-43k and sold them for 55-63k. I got all collections done except 1. I could of done a bit more trading to get those but I would rather have something to work towards and enjoy my 150% stubs and items bonus. (29+1 stadium done)

Sp Clayton kershew 99
Sp Nolan Ryan 98
Sp felix hernendez 97
sp Tom Seaver 97
Sp phil niekro 92 (i like him because of knuckle ball) but I also got chris sale max sherzer and adam wainright as options

Line up
C S Diamond dynasty player 99 everything
cf R Mike trout 99
lf L ted williams 99
1b R migueal cabrera 99
3b R mike schmidt 99
2b L Robinson cano 95
RF R G stanton 94
SS R Troy tulowitzky

bench
RF R Al kaline 97
C R Johnny Bench 97
2B L rod Carew 93
1b R Jeff bagwell 98
LF R Ralph Kiner

Bullpen

R Darraen oday 81 ( I like his delivery)
L arlodis chapman 89
R Kenley Jansen 90
L Sean dolittle 90
R Dennis Eckersley 96
R Craig Kimbrel 96

ONLY?

What a bitch move....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »