Home

Whats your most intense Diamond Dynasty Game

This is a discussion on Whats your most intense Diamond Dynasty Game within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #17
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Whats your most intense Diamond Dynasty Game

Yea you know I honestly expected him to quit. I mean I was no hitting him through the 6th with Strasburg. Glad he didn't though and played it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 04-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #18
Rookie

speedyreedy81's Arena

OVR: 0

I was down, score is 5-3.....Bottom of 9th, 2 on, 2 outs, and a 3-2 count on Wieters. Hadn't been swinging the bat that well that game.....walk off HR. I had a couple beers to celebrate. The end.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:59 AM   #19
Rookie

T_O_p12's Arena

Played my first game of diamond dynasty ever last night. I didn’t spend anything extra so my team is pretty sub-par right now but had a really fun game.

I normally play on dynamic difficulty which hovers around veteran/all star but when I say the percentages of getting better cards I decide what they heck, let’s give legend a shot and see what happens.

I went into the game against the Yanks fully expecting to get smashed. I hit a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 2nd to go up 2-0 so I was feeling good. But only had 4 hits all game… I had Kevin Correia on the mound and he took no no into the 8th, which was by far my best! He gave up 1 run in the 8th but got out of the inning with the lead. Brought in my closer in the 9th then gave up a bunch of singles but only 1 run so tied game. Ended up going 13 innings when Ellsbury hit a 2 run homer to go up by 2 and I still couldn’t get much offensive going so the dream ended lol.

Overall still a really fun game and makes me want to play some DD this year (if they fix the menu lagging!)when I primarily am a franchise player.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:32 AM   #20
Rookie

SpicoliBors's Arena

Last night I was down 2-3 and had Nelson Cruz up. He hit a deep drive to left center with one on and 2 outs. The other guy robbed a HR with McCutch to save the lead. I ended up tying the game and it went to the bottom of the 10th with him up. He hits a deep drive to straight away center. Its over my head and I dive for the ball. Hits off my glove and over the fence for a walkoff HR. I couldn't believe it. He robs a HR and I give him a Canseco HR in the same game, unbelievable.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:51 PM   #21
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Just had an Extra Innings game on Legend difficulty where I was down 2-1 going into the bottom of the 9th. Got a my leadoff guy on 1st. Next batter, hit and run to move the runner over and avoid the DP. 1 out, Runner on 2nd, 1 out. Next, Jarrod Dyson comes up and I'm able to drag bunt the 1-1 pitch, mainly wanted to get the runner over but I was also able to reach safely. Runners on 1st and 3rd, 1 out. Next AB I did a hit and run to avoid the double play but struck out, Dyson made it to 2nd.

So runners at 2nd and 3rd, 2 outs. Weiters is up, but he's facing a righty so he's batting left-handed which he stinks at. Put in a pinch hitter, but I had already used my better pinch hitters earlier in the game so I was forced to use Donovan Solano, whose contact rating is like 15 points higher than Weiters vs. righties or something (going off memory). Used guess pitch which I rarely use, but I really wanted to win this damn game haha. Got my high fastball I was looking for, the strike zone started flashing and blinking red........ and I flew out to left field lol.

It was anticlimactic, but it was really intense until I crapped the bed. I've never won a game on legend (finally won on HOF last night) so I really wanted that one. So many questionable things happen on Legend where you're like "OK the game is just refusing to let me do anything good" so I keep telling myself I'm done with it, but I really want that 15% chance at a gold card so I keep trying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2015, 01:30 AM   #22
Pro

Went 17 innings a few days ago and lost because my defensive replacement at 3b (David Wright) decided to throw a bunt six rows deep.

I ended the game with like 6 errors. Way too many errors in this game.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I've definitely got one now. These are the last few innings of the last DD game I played. Best All-Around game I've seen yet.

(It'll take a bit for that whole thing to upload, and I have to leave for work soon. Just give it some time)

Sorry for no logos. I'm trying to find the time to make one (I'm probably just going to re-do one I had in previous years), but I've been enjoying the actual game too much to sit down and do it.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:23 PM   #24
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

OVR: 2

Hamilton hit the game tying Homerun with the last out in the 11th and the walk off homer
My face was numb from the nerves

Last edited by Denzel Washington; 04-11-2015 at 08:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »