Home

Whats your most intense Diamond Dynasty Game

This is a discussion on Whats your most intense Diamond Dynasty Game within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #1
Rookie

AZBirdGang's Arena

OVR: 0
Whats your most intense Diamond Dynasty Game

So I got to say I have fallin in love with Diamond Dynasty. Granted I did spend a little money in it to build a decent team but hey it happens. But to the real point I just want to know and share what is everyones most intense and exciting game they have played. As ill describe mine so far below.

So here's my team the Arizona State Sun Devils up against some team I cant remember there name sorry. But it started off your typical game I scored a run at the bottom of the third no big deal come to the top of the 9th my opponent scores 1 run. My time at bat at the bottom of the 9th proves unfruitful and we head into extra innings. Talk about a real pitching battle all the way up to the top of the 13th. My relief pitcher gives up 2 runs bringing the game to 3 -1 Sun Devils trailing by 2. Miraculously bottom of the 13th I get a base runner on first with no outs. next at bat I get struck out. the next at bat I get a grounder that splits inbetween 3rd and SS to get runners on 2nd and 1st. now here comes my pitcher. I did what we all would do and do the sacrifice bunt to advance my runners into 3rd and 2nd but somehow the catcher muffs the pick up of the ball and my pitcher makes it on base. so here we are bases loaded and the top of my line up PERFECT. so here we are bases loaded and only have 1 out. perfect opportunity my guy drills it out into the outfield getting him a double I get my guys from 3rd and 2nd to score the tieing runs but I got a little greedy and tried to have my pitcher make it home as to where he tagged and out at home plate. so now we are at a tie game 2 outs runner on second I wish I could say I ended it there but next at bat pop fly and its on to the 14th. And again the pitching battle continues all the way up to the 20TH INNING! now at this point its the bottom of the 20th 1 out and I got a base runner on 1st. next at bat I work a 1-2 count I was getting a little trigger happy and chased a pitch I shouldnt have. and then got a fastball pretty much right down the middle and a crushed it over the right field wall. Walk off home run Sun Devils win 5-3 in the 20th inning. It was hands down one of the greatest games I have played so far and wish I remembered the name of the guy and team I played against but it was amazing. Not sure if I was more happy for the game to finally be over or just an amazing end to a great baseball game. But thats just one of the stories of games i've played so far and I have had multiple great games just this one is my favorite. Im sorry I didnt get enough detail in there like players names and what not but im at work and dont have all the info on hand. But please everyone i'd like to hear everyone else's stories of great games they have played so please do share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Whats your most intense Diamond Dynasty Game

I've been having a lot of 1-1, 2-2, 1-0 type games. All pitching duels. My hitting so far is very poor, although I'm getting better. The change in anolog hitting is messing with my timing. Anyways...

1-1 score in the top of the 15th. No outs, no one on base: my opponent hits a routine grounder to Andrelton Simmons... And the computer decides to do the error animation. Very frustrating, especially since it was an easy play, and Simmons is considered the best defensive SS in baseball. So then I give up a week bunt for a hit. I walked the next batter to load the bases. Luckily I brought in Doolittle to strike out the side and get out of the inning.

Bottom of the 15th... First pitch... Ted Williams homerun. Game over. Phew.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Played an online game against a pretty good opponent. My lineup was better by quite a bit but he was a lot better at painting corners and making it difficult to choose whether to swing or not. Anyways, I go up 3-0 and take that lead into the 8th where he scores 4 to make it 4-3. In the bottom of the 9th inning I had 2 outs nobody on and an 0-2 count on me. I fouled of 5 straight pitches before ripping on down the line for a double with Altuve. Puig comes up and hit a bloop single so now I have runners on the corners, two outs for Tulowitzki. He rips the first pitch up the middle and Altuve scores to tie it. He then struck out Stanton to end the inning. It stayed 4-4 until the bottom of the 19th inning where Tulowitzki hit a solo shot over the CF wall to win it. Very fun and rewarding game.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:01 PM   #4
MVP

I just finished it
Was up 1-3 then down 4-3
Then down 7-3 and tied it on a four run shot then bottom 9 walk off homer with Harrison
Old 04-06-2015, 11:25 PM   #5
Banned

I had a walk off single. It was pretty nice. 4-3 final. Well played game all around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 03:15 AM   #6
Rookie

GreenLegend37's Arena

OVR: 12

Scoreless game after nine innings. My opponent goes up 3-0 after multiple, perfect bunts that make me wonder if that would actually happen as much as it did. But in the bottom of the 10th, a miracle happens. Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkGwVGo2NOc
Old 04-07-2015, 03:41 AM   #7
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

(I play offline only)

I'm getting pretty f***ing sick of the random offensive onslaught by the CPU once the 7th inning hits.

It doesn't matter who's on the mound, if the CPU is down by the 7th inning they will start slaughtering. My bullpen is actually way better than my starters. I've got Ryan Cook, Tony Watson, Fernando Rodney, and Jake McGee plus some other quality guys. But somehow my 3rd or 4th starter will take a 1 run game into the 7th and then the bullpen will get blown up, it's ridiculous.

The 2 games I played tonight:

1st game: I was up 7-1 going into the 7th in the first one and had a 3 run inning followed by a 4 run inning and lost. JD Martinez hit a 3-run homer to take the lead on a pitch that shouldn't have even been hittable.

2nd game: Up 4-1 going into 7th, get shelled again, lose 6-4.

How are Fernando Rodney and Jake McGee getting shelled against the same batters that were getting mowed down by the likes of Edinson Volquez or some guy like that? And those 2 games were just from tonight, it's been happening to me in basically every game I've played on DD since I started. First I was trying to play on Legend to get better reward cards but other than once or twice the games got uncompetitive, so I lowered it down to All-Star where I know I can win, and it still happens

To be clear, yes I am accusing the game of having rubberband AI.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:24 PM   #8
Rookie

AZBirdGang's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLegend37
Scoreless game after nine innings. My opponent goes up 3-0 after multiple, perfect bunts that make me wonder if that would actually happen as much as it did. But in the bottom of the 10th, a miracle happens. Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkGwVGo2NOc
Wow that was unreal you had me clinching watching that. Must have felt awesome winning that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »