Home

Is it worth it to switch your lineup based on the pitcher?

This is a discussion on Is it worth it to switch your lineup based on the pitcher? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #9
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it worth it to switch your lineup based on the pitcher?

I run a staggered line up at all times. 3 righties 3 leftys and two switch hitters. My bench i usually have 3 leftys as well that I'll put in for pinch hitting situations. I know this doesn't give me the advantage at the start of games. In fact it's commen for me to go down 1-2 runs in the first 4 innings but using the staggered approach I usually am able to work the counts hard and it's rare my opponents starter gets past the 4th without throwing 60 pitches. Unless I'm stuggling to get hits they will normally get pulled around the 5th and like clockwork I will put up 3-5 against their pen. Happened to me last night. Faced a guy that started neikro. Through 6 innings he was up 3-0. I was just trying to work counts and get his pitch total up so he wouldn't throw a full game (faced neikro a few times and if you are jumping all over that knuckball every pitch he can go 9 with 80 pitches). Finally he pinch hit for neikro in the 7th and in the bottom of the 7th I put up 3 to tie it then a solo hr in the 8th put rosenthole in for the 9th game over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »