Home

Gerrit Cole should be Diamond 93 or

This is a discussion on Gerrit Cole should be Diamond 93 or within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Gerrit Cole should be Diamond 93 or

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRC323
While both of those points are true, the reason there's so much more support for Sonny Gray (from what I've seen), is that most of his stats are even better than Archer's, aside from K's. I'll start with the most obvious, ERA, since by now most people know that he has the lowest ERA in baseball among starters. But, his Batting Average Against, WHIP, number of Quality Starts, opponent OBP% and SLG% against him, HR/9, H/9, and if you want to include it, Gray has the highest WAR of any starting pitcher so far this year(according to baseballreference.com). But, like with Cole, all of their stats are very similar, aside from K's. So you could say that Gray / Cole / Archer / Greinke are the starting pitchers who deserve the upgrades right now. I might be missing a guy.

I just realized something else. All of the pitchers mentioned in this post so far, aside from Kluber, have had waaaaaaaay better seasons than Matt Harvey. So I have to wonder why Matt Harvey was the one to be promoted to diamond status. In my opinion, he shouldn't be higher than 90.
I agree about harvey. I think they went into the season thinking he was better than a 90, so they used his semi-hot start to make him a diamond. Another couple of bad starts and he might fall down to gold. I'm hoping that's the case because I want Seaver, but not harvey

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »