Home

Gerrit Cole should be Diamond 93 or

This is a discussion on Gerrit Cole should be Diamond 93 or within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-08-2015, 02:32 AM   #1
Rookie

dta151's Arena

OVR: 0
Gerrit Cole should be Diamond 93 or

I do not see how they can keep him at 90 gold any longer. He has been the biggest stud this season and they have pitchers who are injured or not near the stats of Cole this season.I noticed his price though reflects his play as he cost more than pitchers rated 92 or 91. There are several others too that deserve to be raised and some lowered but I think Cole stands out the most. Who do you think deserves to be a Diamond most that is not right now, Kluber would be 2nd choice for me then Greinke. Kluber stared out bad but lights out lately especially with K's. Sonny Gray,Keuchel,Wacha,Archer, all should be raised. What do you think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #2
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Gerrit Cole should be Diamond 93 or

Cole and greinke deserve diamonds but forget diamond, sonny Gray deserves to be rated higher than he is. It's ridiculous that he's still an 87. An absolute joke
Old 06-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Cole and Gray have so many stats that are almost the same, aside from K's. I think if one of them gets diamond, so should the other. Gray would have a higher H/9, Cole K/9, BB/9 probably the same, as well as HR/9. Control.... could go either way, but close still, Velocity easily goes to Cole, and a few points in stamina each.

Just my thoughts.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #4
Rookie

If anyone is getting snubbed it is Wacha big time!
Old 06-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #5
Rookie

dta151's Arena

Well they all got snubbed. Kluber is the only one to get a raise to 92 from 90 and Degrom went to 87. I do not know why none of these pitchers get raised. It is impossible to get made to a diamond. Cole,Gray,Wacha,Keuchel zero, nothing. They must be running about 3 weeks behind because they raised Kluber 2 points and he had that 18 K 1 hit shutout game May 13th and just got raised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah that is very true. I was thinking the same thing about the stats being 2-3 weeks behind. Or they may wait a few weeks too to make sure the player being raised is staying constant, but for pitchers I would think their stats would go up a littler faster if they are having great starts like grey, water, klubber, etc.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #7
Rookie

Chris Archer has had some great numbers as well! 1.84 ERA, 108 strikeouts .95 whip, only 20 walks, a sub.200 average against, and he became the first pitcher in the modern era (since 1900) to pitch three straight games with 10+k's and no walks. He's got better numbers in pretty much every category except wins then Felix Hernandez this year. Is leading the majors in K's. They showed a stat that I'm not 100% sure of over the weekend. It was something like over 20 of his last 44 games pitched he's allowed 2 runs or fewer. I may be a little off on that one, but the point is, if anyone deserves to be rated higher it's him. He's only an 87 ...

Last edited by theu715; 06-09-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theu715
Chris Archer has had some great numbers as well! He's got better numbers in pretty much every category except wins then Felix Hernandez this year.
While both of those points are true, the reason there's so much more support for Sonny Gray (from what I've seen), is that most of his stats are even better than Archer's, aside from K's. I'll start with the most obvious, ERA, since by now most people know that he has the lowest ERA in baseball among starters. But, his Batting Average Against, WHIP, number of Quality Starts, opponent OBP% and SLG% against him, HR/9, H/9, and if you want to include it, Gray has the highest WAR of any starting pitcher so far this year(according to baseballreference.com). But, like with Cole, all of their stats are very similar, aside from K's. So you could say that Gray / Cole / Archer / Greinke are the starting pitchers who deserve the upgrades right now. I might be missing a guy.

I just realized something else. All of the pitchers mentioned in this post so far, aside from Kluber, have had waaaaaaaay better seasons than Matt Harvey. So I have to wonder why Matt Harvey was the one to be promoted to diamond status. In my opinion, he shouldn't be higher than 90.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »