Home

Any Suggestions on Facing a Created Player maxed pitcher?

This is a discussion on Any Suggestions on Facing a Created Player maxed pitcher? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #9
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Any Suggestions on Facing a Created Player maxed pitcher?

IMHO, having to face a DD player is less daunting than dealing with SB/bunt abusers.

Anyways, wearing the DD player out is my strategy too but having a pitch count up to 80 by the 5th inning is impressive. I don't think I could ever be that patient.

For the most part, most of the DD player's pitches are the same speed so after a while, it's not too difficult to get the timing down and get good contact.

I tried pitching with my player and didn't have very good command at all.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
IMHO, having to face a DD player is less daunting than dealing with SB/bunt abusers.

Anyways, wearing the DD player out is my strategy too but having a pitch count up to 80 by the 5th inning is impressive. I don't think I could ever be that patient.

For the most part, most of the DD player's pitches are the same speed so after a while, it's not too difficult to get the timing down and get good contact.

I tried pitching with my player and didn't have very good command at all.
I tried it and got 3 starts. All shutouts (1 quit after 3 innings, another quit after 4). Surrendered a total of roughly 4 hits with about 30 Ks. 99 mph fastball. 79 mph change up. 81 mpg 12-6 curve. 90 mph slider.

Aka, forget it.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:15 PM   #11
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpkins77
I tried it and got 3 starts. All shutouts (1 quit after 3 innings, another quit after 4). Surrendered a total of roughly 4 hits with about 30 Ks. 99 mph fastball. 79 mph change up. 81 mpg 12-6 curve. 90 mph slider.

Aka, forget it.
Lot of details there. You must have done this recently - against reputable opponents, too.

These pitchers are almost untouchable for the most part if you are just starting out but once you are able to build a decent team you should be able to have a fighting chance, at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Lot of details there. You must have done this recently - against reputable opponents, too.

These pitchers are almost untouchable for the most part if you are just starting out but once you are able to build a decent team you should be able to have a fighting chance, at least.
Dont know anyone's reputation via this game. They were in the upper 1600s to the low 1700s. It's not impossible to hit them, but it's very difficult.

I have about 200K in spare stubs, so I had all equipment maxed out for pitching too. It's possible to hit these guys, just not much fun unless you're serious about the game.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #13
Rookie

frasety's Arena

Quote:

Also, even though I think it's bad strategy, using the created player as a pitcher is part of the game. It doesn't seem to be a valid reason to have bad sportsmanship.
It is part of the game but it's damn cheap when you pull your starter after one inning and pull your created guy out of the pen for the rest of the way. They brought in the random starting pitcher to avoid people being able to use the same starter all the time and made it so you can't put starters in the pen for this very reason. Shouldn't be able to male your DD player a reliever imo.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #14
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasety
It is part of the game but it's damn cheap when you pull your starter after one inning and pull your created guy out of the pen for the rest of the way. They brought in the random starting pitcher to avoid people being able to use the same starter all the time and made it so you can't put starters in the pen for this very reason. Shouldn't be able to male your DD player a reliever imo.
Yeah that's happened to me. SP pitched to one batter and in came the dd pitcher. But, hes vulnerable after he runs out of energy.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #15
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

I like having my CP as a pitcher because he pitches the way I enjoy, high velocity, high break, high k9 plus I can choose his motion plus he can hit so it's my personal preference. I had him as my C.F. For a while but after I bought trout I just threw him into the rotation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2015, 03:02 AM   #16
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

I had his guy pull in his cp on me as a reliever earlier today as soon as his pitcher was up to bad. Came in with no energy in the 3rd and pitched 70+ pitches with no show of him starting to miss spots and stuff. I still hit him fairly well putting up 4 runs on him but it was tied 4-4 in the bottom of the 9th 2 outs and one of his guys gets on base infront of his CP and a passed ball that was a strike out the runner at 2nd his CP then hit a weak single up the middle on a ball FAR out of the strike zone and I lost bc of that.

I have no issue if you want to put your guy into your rotation that's fine but I think it's complete bull**** having your guy in the pen and you swap out your starter in his first at bat and can use him for more then 2-3 innings still throwing like an all star through 6 innings. And I know this was how this guy always played because his overall record was something like 112-60 and I checked his guys stats as soon as he came in and his CPs record was something like 70-50. At no point did he even warm anyone to come in for him. Even when I got on a roll and put 4 up on him the in the 7th to tie the game. This kind of **** should not be allowed. If your pitcher is out of energy and you keep pitching with him he should go down with an injury or something. Just my thoughts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »