Home

Who shall my RF be?

This is a discussion on Who shall my RF be? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2015, 10:51 PM   #1
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

OVR: 0
Who shall my RF be?

I stocked up a lot of stubs and now I want to get a new RF. Right now I have Puig, don't really like batting with him. Love his Arm but thats pretty much it.

Anyway I'm debating between Giancarlo Stanton and Bryce Harper.

My lineup is

(L) Gardner CF
(L) Kipnis 2B
(S) Created Player SS
(L) Rizzo 1B
(R) Machado 3B
(L) Yogi C
(R) Puig RF
(L) Brantley LF
(?) Pitcher

If I get Stanton he would fit well into the Right Left Right Left lineup so they don't stack since he would bat in Machado's place and Machado would take Puig's spot in the lineup.

Now if I got Harper there would be back to back to back lefties somewhere in my lineup so Idk if I want that.

Now I'm taking into account that apparently people think Harper is on his way to become a 99 in the game although Stanton might get an upgrade himself also but not to 99, then again who know's since he's injured now.

Anyway I'd love to hear your opinions here Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2015, 12:37 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Who shall my RF be?

Whoever you hit best with. Righty on righty matchups don't bother me as much as lefty on lefty
Old 07-19-2015, 04:56 AM   #3
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Stanton can actually catch the ball. Harper will drop pop flies at LF where they have him by position, good friggin luck with him in right. to me like 90% of the RFs are unusable because of catch rating. imo it's Stanton, Springer, Heyward, or bust if you want an actual RF. I actually think Chris Davis has like 84 fielding so I would add him to the list.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

I've had issues filling that spot in the past. I had puig there for a while and swatted him out for out her higher rated right fielders but recently went back to him. He hits over .320 with good power for me plus I've thrown out runners at 3rd and home a lot with him so imo he is the best fit. I do have Harper in center as of right now because I have WILLIAMS in left at all times and he has only missed one easy ball but I'm not 100% sold on him bc im not hitting great with him. I had ellsbury in center for the longest time hitting just under .300 but was tired of his noodle arm out there.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:49 AM   #5
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

I'm telling you guys, don't use outfielders with fielding rating under like 84. you will lose games directly due to dropped fly balls. it's all fun and games until your 98 overall Ralph Kiner drops an easily catchable ball with 2 outs for a walkoff win in the bottom of the 15th inning. this literally just happened to the guy I played against.

I've had Harper, Nelson Cruz, and Puig. DO NOT USE THEM. it's not worth it. add Kiner to that list, too. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2015, 10:05 AM   #6
Rookie

Who shall my RF be?

Adam jones plays well there also
Old 07-19-2015, 02:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Al Kaline and Dave Winfield both play amazing defense in the outfield, and they both are good batters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

Thanks for the feedback! I tried Jones before already, couldn't hit with him. I'm leaning towards stanton at the moment since he's a RF and the game has Harper as a LF right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »