Home

Adrian Gonzalez, best 1B to use in DD?!?

This is a discussion on Adrian Gonzalez, best 1B to use in DD?!? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Adrian Gonzalez, best 1B to use in DD?!?

I have used every 1B rated Gold or higher and Gonzo seems to be the best hitter of the bunch. Especially with people on base!

His speed on defense is also surprisingly quick.

Why do some of these lower rated players seem to be more consistent than the Diamond or even Legend players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

Re: Adrian Gonzalez, best 1B to use in DD?!?

I admittedly haven't used many other gold and up first basemen, because the first collection I completed was the Giants, and I went ahead and unlocked Will Clark. He has been in my lineup ever since. He has been one of my best, and most consistent hitters in my lineup.

It looks like Clark's and Gonzales' attributes are pretty similar. The Thrill has the edge in speed, and that's what puts his rating three points higher. I think it's just personal preference on what player you track the pitch better with, and can get good contact.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat LA
I admittedly haven't used many other gold and up first basemen, because the first collection I completed was the Giants, and I went ahead and unlocked Will Clark. He has been in my lineup ever since. He has been one of my best, and most consistent hitters in my lineup.

It looks like Clark's and Gonzales' attributes are pretty similar. The Thrill has the edge in speed, and that's what puts his rating three points higher. I think it's just personal preference on what player you track the pitch better with, and can get good contact.

The Thrill was my 1st pick to use. He ended up being my worst hitter among all the other first basemen. Miggy is a close number 2 but I stay away from defensive righties. All the rest are a distant 3rd.

If Gonzo slumps I may give Clark another try.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:00 PM   #4
Rookie

I think what you're noticing is his "clutch" stat. The game is run by algorithms, so naturally a guy with a 99 clutch is going to be getting a high percentage of hits with runners on base. Even if your timing is slightly off, he'll be more likely to drop in a hit with runners on.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #5
MVP

Cabrera has been my best so far. He has 5 home runs in like 22 and hits about .280. Bagwell has a good average coming off the bench but i dont hit a ton of home runs or rbis. I couldnt hit with Rizzo but if he ever goes diamond i may give him a shot. Gonzo is hitting under 200 for me through 38 games but he does have 7 home runs and 19 rbis. Cabrera only has like 8 rbis but my DD guy and Williams drive in all the runs.

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 03:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Next to bagwell gonzo is my best 1B. I went a long time of switching through goldy, gonzo and rizzo at first with gonzo hitting the 2nd best only behind goldy. I can't hit with rizzo to save my life. Barely over .200 with like 3 hr. Once goldy started to slump I broke down and finished the astros to get bagwell. Didn't expect to do all that great with him but through 15 games he has 8 hr 16 rbi and is hitting around .320 for me. I keep gonzo on my bench and will use him to hit for the pitcher late in games and have subbed bagwell out for him early if the guy I'm facing is trying to lead off a lot. I put gonzo in and I have good luck picking them off at first.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal
The Thrill was my 1st pick to use. He ended up being my worst hitter among all the other first basemen. Miggy is a close number 2 but I stay away from defensive righties. All the rest are a distant 3rd.

If Gonzo slumps I may give Clark another try.
The key with Clark, for me, is to look for the up-and-in fastball. I put my PCI up there and sit on that pitch. I lay off everything else with under two strikes. For some reason, that big blue area entices almost all, and I let loose with him. Just keep using what's working for you. As I said, a lot have the same problems with Clark and different players work out for other individuals.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Twinkie12's Arena

Interesting how a few people have said they cant hit with Rizzo. I bought him before he was upgraded, and he's been in my lineup and my best hitter ever since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »