Home

Conquest Question and Answer Thread

This is a discussion on Conquest Question and Answer Thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 01:01 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Conquest Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
It sems in the quick 3 inning games things can get out of hand so quickly. Maybe pitchers get more rattled in the quicker games as well. I know if I get behind in the count with some questionable calls on the zone, I let the game start slipping away. A walk here, a balk there, timely cpu hitting then I'm behind and lose.
You've definitely got to go to your bullpen as soon as things start going badly for your pitcher. Try to keep a lefty and a righty warmed up and ready to go at all times. Use your mound visits too if you need to buy more time for your guys to warmup or you just want to try to settle down your starter. It also helps if your bullpen guys have high clutch ratings. That affects how well they perform with runners on base.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 01:30 PM   #42
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
You've definitely got to go to your bullpen as soon as things start going badly for your pitcher. Try to keep a lefty and a righty warmed up and ready to go at all times. Use your mound visits too if you need to buy more time for your guys to warmup or you just want to try to settle down your starter. It also helps if your bullpen guys have high clutch ratings. That affects how well they perform with runners on base.

Pitchers fatigue faster but they don't warm up as fast as your starter will tire out.

Anymore I start warming up JJ Hoover and Jake McGee in the top of the second when I come up to bat. They get 99% of my relief appearances.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:54 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

I already use the strategies you talked about was just making a random observation after the first few games.

I can be stubborn though and I always think I can get one more 1/3 of an inning out of a pitcher to avoid going through the bullpen in the event of extra innings.

Also on the clutch rating for relievers, I wish there was clutch captains for pitchers. Would make it easier to go through the market to obtain clutch pitchers and look for the circle on the card for a higher clutch rating, rather than having to then click on triangle. You can get through the market pretty quickly looking for clutch captains for Donaldson that way. Looked for pitchers but figured it was probably just for offense.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:41 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 5

When picking players based on captain missions, do you have to have them in your lineup or does it work if I have them on the bench?
Old 03-31-2016, 03:02 PM   #45
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

Do you guys think it is more beneficial to play on an easier level (when available) to ensure more wins, or to play on harder levels to try to steal more fans? I have been playing on All-Star for the most part, but find that I lose almost as often as I win. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 03:09 PM   #46
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
Do you guys think it is more beneficial to play on an easier level (when available) to ensure more wins, or to play on harder levels to try to steal more fans? I have been playing on All-Star for the most part, but find that I lose almost as often as I win. Thanks

I've been playing on Veteran cause even then I feel like the CPU always makes a comeback to make it a close game, plus I'm still trying to get better at hitting with the fish eye
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 03-31-2016, 03:15 PM   #47
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

I feel like a wimp because I have been playing on Veteran. I am not sure if the difficulty matters at all on the Attack phase. On the Capture phase I feel like I would rather have an 80% or 90% to capture 2 million fans than a 50% or less chance to capture 3 million fans.

If I thought I could more consistently win on All-Star then I would choose that difficulty.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:40 PM   #48
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

Hey so at first I was trying to just expand my territories and play against who ever was close to me...but now I'm thinking of just going straight over to the Giants and trying to take their strong hold, what would be the pros and cons of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »