Home

Hitting question

This is a discussion on Hitting question within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hitting question

Just so you know ahead of time, this all pertains to online play. Not offline.

It seems lately that when hitting I'm not being rewarded what so ever when getting good timing on balls in the zone but when I'm early or late and chase, those are the ones that get put into play. It's incredibly infuriating watch 98 Beltre swing through a change up down the middle of the plate with good timing only to pop out on a high and in fastball that was outside of the zone and I was tardy on. My opponents don't have as a good of team at base value but with IE they're usually pretty comparable so my question is, what matters more with avoiding this issue. Contact, vision, or clutch? Holliday and Ichiro are the only ones on my team batting .300+ which is kind of pathetic considering the team I've got but they're the only ones I don't really notice this issue with all that much. It still happens occasionally but not all that often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Hitting question

It's a lot harder to hit online. I feel like there is an algorithm to keep games close, the more runs I let up the easier it is to score. That's just going off personal experience I think if a pitcher hits the accuracy bar no matter the pitch or the batter you won't make good contact. Good online pitchers rarely make mistakes
Old 04-11-2016, 01:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Learn to use zone hitting. It's so much more rewarding than directional.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:40 AM   #4
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Are you using zone or directional hitting? From your description it sounds like direction, and hitting will always be completely random BS with that hitting type. It can work, it there will be a lot of frustrating points. I used it half way through last year until i got too frustrated and learned how to use zone, it's definitely a transition but well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2016, 02:09 AM   #5
Rookie

thekingofKC's Arena

How do you recommend transition to zone? I obviously don't want to just start using it online vs. humans. So just dive into batting practice or an exhibition against the computer maybe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 02:54 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofKC
How do you recommend transition to zone? I obviously don't want to just start using it online vs. humans. So just dive into batting practice or an exhibition against the computer maybe?
The bat control and good at bat practice modes have helped me practice tracking the ball. But honestly I didn't start getting confident until I played games online. It was hard it first and my record took a hit but i got a lot better pretty quick.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:36 AM   #7
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

starting to feel like hitting is just broken in this game online. I just played 2 games against dudes using directional, first game dude hits a HR on a pitch a whole foot above the strike zone when I was going to easily throw out the guy he had stealing second on a slide step. he's getting hits left and right throughout the game, doesn't matter if it's painting corners or off the strike zone. late, early, it doesn't matter. he had 10+ hits.

on the other hand im using zone putting the PCI RIGHT ON THE BALL and its a ground out or a line out every time. good timing, perfect PCI placement, nothing to show for it. 2 seam right down the middle, good timing and I don't move the pci... popup to the catcher. it says chased on the swing with good timing and the pci is right on the ball. so I switch to directional to see if maybe I can take advantage of it. nope, same deal. every pitch that should be crushed is a line out directly to a fielder. I get like 3 or 4 hits randomly throughout the game but it never matters.

this is what happens when I actually do make contact. half the time i'm swinging and missing at lagging pitches that don't correlate with what I see on the screen when I look at the feedback.

I dunno man, it doesn't seem right.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:52 AM   #8
MVP

I've found when you're nailing the accuracy bar with a pitcher is nailing their accuracy it's nearly impossible to hit them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »