Home

Bad Psychology in the Community Market

This is a discussion on Bad Psychology in the Community Market within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #97
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Bad Psychology in the Community Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Yeah that seemed to be alot of peoples plans however, his price has fallen considerably since hes gone up on the captain store.
Already dumped mine. Not huge value though

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #98
Pro

OVR: 7

I didn't think you could sell the card you got from the Captain's Tickets?
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal jmulbe and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?
Old 04-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #99
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvarr
I didn't think you could sell the card you got from the Captain's Tickets?

You cant. Most want/need Correa to close out the Astros collection or use him to feed your DD player and Captains tickets will do that. It's wiser/easier to grind 283 tickets a day for Correa (6 day cycle) than it is to pay 25k in stubs for a him. Remember Stubs is currency, Tickets is time.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #100
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
You cant. Most want/need Correa to close out the Astros collection or use him to feed your DD player and Captains tickets will do that. It's wiser/easier to grind 283 tickets a day for Correa (6 day cycle) than it is to pay 25k in stubs for a him. Remember Stubs is currency, Tickets is time.
I bought mine with stubs. For me it is much easier to make stubs than tickets. I would save tickets for players that you can only get in the captain store

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 04-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #101
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
So essentially this is what this thread boils down to. You dont have the patience and react too irrationally if someone undercuts you, yet youre mad at them for causing you do it. Hilarious.

You realize what is probably happening right? Someone is getting rid of their competition by getting you to constantly lower your price by irrational amounts so it sells super quick, and then they can sell theres as the lowest option at a much more realistic price. Youre getting played but think everyone else is dumb and crashing the market.
HAHAHA.

Just forget it, man. You clearly have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm over trying to explain it to people who refuse to try and understand and instead would rather make it adversarial. You just keep doing your thing and I'll just keep getting..."played". lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 10:43 AM   #102
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
I bought mine with stubs. For me it is much easier to make stubs than tickets. I would save tickets for players that you can only get in the captain store

I wont pay more than 2K for any gold player and no more than 150 for any silver player because I found it fairly easy to obtain them. What I've done is play 9 inning DD games with a FULL captain compliant roster (no legends, flashback, prime, etc.. cards) vs Oakland on HOF level. Why? Simply cycle through all the teams and you will quickly notice that there are only two levels of rewards payouts, A high and a low. Oakland is in the high level with Cubs, Astros, Mets, Dodgers, etc..So far the worst payout victory I've gotten is Silver-Bronze-Bronze. The best payout victory was Gold-Gold-Common. The silver players have all been between 81-84.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:59 PM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
HAHAHA.

Just forget it, man. You clearly have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm over trying to explain it to people who refuse to try and understand and instead would rather make it adversarial. You just keep doing your thing and I'll just keep getting..."played". lol

I do it because most diamonds on the market that can yield 3-6k profit in stubs is being undercut by everyone playing the game, so instead of refreshing every 5 mins to make sure i don't get undercut, I make a bid that will yield me 1.5-3k in profit, and scaring players to want to make that marginal profit yield compared to possibly getting the 6k profit bids.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:13 AM   #104
Rookie

I don't understand. If I make a sell order that's 50 stubs less than the lowest seller, someone will come along and buy it for my price and then the market for that player will go right back to where it was before. How is that killing the market for the player? I either want to sell the guy quick or don't think he's worth as much as he's going for. I understand I could sell it just as quick by lowering the cost by just 1. But then someone else could just undercut me. By lowering it more than 1 I'm trying to keep my sell order at the top so that it will sell.

I guess I just don't understand why you think it kills the market for the player. Prices always even out to normal eventually. If someone offers their card for cheap, it will sell and then the market goes back to where it was. Am I missing something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »