Home

Toughest pitchers to hit against

This is a discussion on Toughest pitchers to hit against within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Toughest pitchers to hit against

That moment when you are down 3-1 in the 8th and hit a 2-run dinger off Neshek to tie the game
Old 04-28-2016, 04:13 PM   #18
Rookie

ReversaL's Arena

I'm looking for some higher tier pitcher suggestions. Had 40k and bought 150k yesterday which will most likely be all I spend but my line up is all set from grinding out innings so looking to stack my rotation to help out since I am very new to the game so am not great at it.

I bought a Kershaw already and have 140k or so and would like to buy 3 more diamond pitchers with that. Was thinking Sale, Jose Fernandez and Arrieta does that sound like the best I can get?
Old 04-28-2016, 04:58 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReversaL
I'm looking for some higher tier pitcher suggestions. Had 40k and bought 150k yesterday which will most likely be all I spend but my line up is all set from grinding out innings so looking to stack my rotation to help out since I am very new to the game so am not great at it.

I bought a Kershaw already and have 140k or so and would like to buy 3 more diamond pitchers with that. Was thinking Sale, Jose Fernandez and Arrieta does that sound like the best I can get?
They are all good but if you don't know how to pitch it really won't help you much. I personally never buy high priced pitchers and this year with inside edge I find it even less worth putting stubs into. Most mid to high gold pitchers get boosts up so I think paying the prices for diamond pitchers is a little absurd. It's your stubs though so do what you feel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2016, 06:05 PM   #20
Rookie

ReversaL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc524
They are all good but if you don't know how to pitch it really won't help you much. I personally never buy high priced pitchers and this year with inside edge I find it even less worth putting stubs into. Most mid to high gold pitchers get boosts up so I think paying the prices for diamond pitchers is a little absurd. It's your stubs though so do what you feel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
The inside edge is true but that only changes their per 9 stats not their individual pitches. I'm ok at pitching for being new but not amazing by any means. But my line up is good at hitting all over and pretty much all can hit both sides well so figured it might not be a bad idea to get some dominant pitchers. Carlos Martinez will stay in the rotation though since he's pretty nasty.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:17 PM   #21
MVP

From my personal experience, Sale gets rocked against good players, if they can hit a fastball he really struggles against RHP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #22
MVP

og236's Arena

For some reason I hit really well against Neshek lol I've hit two walk offs against him in DD & a game tying homer as well in about 5 or 6 games... The guy I can't hit is Chris Sale... Especially the rookie flashback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2016, 10:03 AM   #23
Rookie

If you are looking to add diamond pitcher, I have a few suggestions.

1. Matt Harvey! On the cheaper end of diamond SP's and has NASTY stuff!

2. Complete the Astros 40 man. Nets you Alutve, Correa, Dallas & a 95 ovr Nolan Ryan., but will set you back about 100k. If your line up is set, this might not be the best option for you

3. Complete the Royals team set. quite a bit cheaper than the Astros set and nets you Wade Davis for the pen & a 94 ovr Brett Saberhagen. I've had really good luck with him. 96-97 mph fastball and a change the ticks in at 79-80!
Old 04-30-2016, 10:33 AM   #24
Rookie

Side arm pitcher's of any rating for me. Honestly though i find the hardest pitcher's to hit is my opponents online that throw strikes all game for whatever reason i can't hit them for the life of me whereas if I'm playing someone who mixes the pitches up i don't have any pitcher that i struggle more with than the other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »