Home

Is this even possible?

This is a discussion on Is this even possible? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2017, 12:02 AM   #1
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

OVR: 0
Is this even possible?

So the game is still semi new. I would think that it wouldn't be very difficult to field a team full off diamonds already. Maybe not for Thisbe guy though. I can't tell you who it is or his roster bc like most games it went to review and I can't see it in my game history yet. On his entire team he only had like 3 high golds and the rest were diamonds. On top of this anything close to a fastball even on the edge of the zone was crushed. Felt like he was using directional and power swinging on almost every pitch. In the end I only lost 7-4 but I didn't think it would be possible to have this stacked of a team this soon unless the guy paid for te am. From what I remember most were be cards but some legends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 12:07 AM   #2
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Is this even possible?

Just played a guy with a team exactly like what you described. Lindor, Votto, Bryant, 99 overall custom player, diamond joey bats, Cano, Posey, Yelich. Brought Correa and Pedroia off the bench to pinch hit. Starter was Darvish. Bullpen had chapman, betancea, osuna, miller etc... he was TRASH. Clearly just using directional hitting trying to pull flyball homers. I abused him with Steven matz, don't see how it's any fun to spend likely $500+ just to go online and press 1 button over and over.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is this even possible?

yeah probably a kid who stole moms credit card or a steamer. watched some stream where the viewers donated like $300 so he would do a huge pack opening. don't understand that stuff but whatever. at least in this game you can beat the stacked team if you're good.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:58 AM   #4
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Is this even possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idgachuck
yeah probably a kid who stole moms credit card or a steamer. watched some stream where the viewers donated like $300 so he would do a huge pack opening. don't understand that stuff but whatever. at least in this game you can beat the stacked team if you're good.

I just went through and looked at the stub values for the guy's team, it came out to about $730... add in the price of the game= almost $800... all I can say is wow.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:36 AM   #5
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
I just went through and looked at the stub values for the guy's team, it came out to about $730... add in the price of the game= almost $800... all I can say is wow.
for us its like wow someone spent that much on a video game. but who knows maybe the guy is a millionaire and 800 bucks is toilet paper to him lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #6
Rookie

To each his own. I work a regular paying job and have spent $100 on the game and stubs, and will probably spend $40 more once my next paycheck arrives.
So, someone a bit better off than myself, with a better job and/or no kids to support, or perhaps a youtuber/twitcher, I completely see the $800 not being a big deal.
It at least saves him dozens of hours of grinding and playing the market by reselling same cards over and over.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #7
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelch
To each his own. I work a regular paying job and have spent $100 on the game and stubs, and will probably spend $40 more once my next paycheck arrives.
So, someone a bit better off than myself, with a better job and/or no kids to support, or perhaps a youtuber/twitcher, I completely see the $800 not being a big deal.
It at least saves him dozens of hours of grinding and playing the market by reselling same cards over and over.
exactly. thats the thing, a lot of us will complain about someone having all the best cards right away. but we all dont know who the person is or how well off that person may be.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #8
Rookie

HipsterJacks's Arena

Was it this player? Team name is the Wideawakes and the player's username started with m, but I am not going to post the rest.

I played him and lost 9-6. Granted, I got my last two runs at the end of the game while facing a trio of Britton, Jansen, and Chapman. His Grienke starter was the 97 overall from the captain's store last year, not the 88 Grienke from the live series.

He hit two homers with his 99 overall created player Mickey Mantle, both on pitches way out of the zone (one almost head level). His lineup also included Jackie Robinson, and his avatar was the Team Collector badge that means you've completed all 30 team collections.

It was a little ridiculous but I'm not bashing the guy TOO hard. It was a fun game and I was actually leading for a while. He didn't pull very much cheap stuff. That said, I could tell he wasn't really any better than I am (I am pretty average), but it felt like an impossible game to win the whole time.

I remember having a team with lots of diamonds at the end of 16' and people would message me accusing me of buying my team, which wasn't really true. I worked the market all year just to get those 4 or 5 diamonds. The show 17' just came out though, and I can't imagine the kind of messages this guy must be receiving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »