Home

Pepe Spits in the Face of Players Who Don't Wanna be Cool

This is a discussion on Pepe Spits in the Face of Players Who Don't Wanna be Cool within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2017, 02:00 PM   #9
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pepe Spits in the Face of Players Who Don't Wanna be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
I actually had a dream the other day where people had Spongebob characters on their teams.
The way theyre going, this wouldnt surprise me as some kind of cross promotional thing for big movie releases or something like that.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #10
Rookie

Yeah this to me was the biggest issue with this year's game and the biggest thing they need for next year. I'm loving the game this year with the epics and programs and I've even gotten into the online play this year. If they don't change a thing with that for next year I'd be happy but I just want to see more legends.

Baseball is unique even over Madden or like 2K because there's so much more history and so many people care about the old players. I mean they could double their roster of current legends and still be just scratching the surface.

And for the guy saying they're not free, yeah, no s***, but it's not like these guys are charging a million bucks for their rights. It's Sony, they've got enough money to have a much deeper roster of legends. And it's not like adding them into the game is that much work, they get the images from Topps so there's no design work involved. People already make ratings for legend players for classic rosters for free, so it's not like there's an overwhelming amount of work there either.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
Rookie

Starducket Moon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgunn
You clearly have no idea how America works. First off no one is doing anything for free. Why? Cuz Capitalism. Also you need to pay the employees for the time it takes to make all these extra players.

Secondly, every HOFer and guy with his number retired? The NYY alone have 22 numbers retired. Furthermore, a lot of teams DO have most of those guys. The orioles for example are missing only Frank Robinson (and Earl Weaver but I'm not counting that for this sake). On top of that theres 220 HOFers. Now you just opened a whole different can of worms. What about Negro League players now? Only 35 of them and lord knows there were plenty more who were just as good.

Lastly time. I invite you to devote your time and resources to making additional players. The game was sick 2 years ago when all they had was 1 flashback per team. Its sick now. Have we really gotten to a point where we are complaining that the seemingly endless stream of flashbacks/legends isnt enough simply because ppl disagree with who they are?
You seem to miss my point. Pepe Alazar is free. Understood. But how much did they pay Mario Mendoza? Whatever they paid him... which I'm thinking was not a lot. Offer that to everyone in the number retirement, Hof, whatever. They say no, then it's no. You talk about the Negro Leagues. YES! work with the Negro League Museum in KC. Get Cool Papa Bell. Get Josh Gibson. How is this a bad thing to you? Variety. We as a whole will pay to get the stubs and get these guys. Meanwhile kids learn of the players. they're not forgotten. Keep this game fresh. No Pepe, but how about Old Hoss, Three-Finger, Dizzy, Scooter? This game has a colorful history. Why not expand into it? There may be families of players who would like to see kids playing as if their loved ones are still alive. They may waive any rights. Doesn't hurt to ask. If you wish to teach me about the economics of my country, I'm game, but maybe just look and see we're critiquing a game we all want to enjoy in a discussion board about the game with others who play it. My girlfriend does not care one iota about Pepe. I brought it up. She dismissed it. But here, we are free to share our feelings about what most of us still see as a great game. 60 Legends is not endless. It's actually a finite number. 60. Add to that the maybe 25-40 guys playing today that have attributes that can compete with the legends then you're at a pool of 100 players. That's why in a month or two all the teams will start to look the same. That's what people are trying to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgunn
Also the rights to Roy Hobbs or any other movie likeness are probably more expensive than a players rights but thats just a flat out guess.
Yeah I get that, but my point was that he's not real but would've been better received then Pepe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2017, 12:54 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
This game is going to be really bland in a couple months when people start completing more of the dynasty program. Everyone with have 99 Griffey, 99 Vida Blue, 99 Ripken, 99 Feller, and 99 Cabrera.

I have no issue with them giving out good rewards just for playing the game. I'm just not sure how I feel about the rewards being cards that are the best player on the game at their respective position. When the game first released you'd see tons of variety, it was much more fun to play online back then. Now basically everyone that's any good has a team pulled from a pool of about 60 players. There are certain positions that are so weak that nearly everyone just uses the same player there.

I understand all the stuff about not being able to just put any legend you want in the game. But something should be done to inspire people to use different cards. Something that would help a lot would be making starting pitchers who don't throw 95+ useful online.

Events are a nice start, but even those can get bland sometimes. Maybe next year we'll see a salary cap type mode similar to 2k and madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
ya id love to see contracts or maybe a max of how many times u can use a player per season
Old 05-28-2017, 01:18 AM   #13
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
ya id love to see contracts or maybe a max of how many times u can use a player per season

Ugh I really hope they don't do that. I'd just like to see team overall caps in ranked seasons and the removal of the Dynasty Player in ranked play.

As soon as contracts start getting involved things get really annoying. I can't stand that feature on ultimate team, it FORCES you to spend your hard earned in game currency just to play games.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:39 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Ugh I really hope they don't do that. I'd just like to see team overall caps in ranked seasons and the removal of the Dynasty Player in ranked play.

As soon as contracts start getting involved things get really annoying. I can't stand that feature on ultimate team, it FORCES you to spend your hard earned in game currency just to play games.
i just dont get the create a player. every person that has one that ive came across is just straight up garbage. idk how they work but id never touch that part personally
Old 05-28-2017, 08:25 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 2

Yeah please please please don't put contracts in. It'll ruin the game.

I like the idea of some kind of team overall based on what division you're in maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #16
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

This has been an issue w DD for years. You see the exact same bullpens from game to game.

I miss those fictional players w 30-game contracts. I loved that!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »