Home

What are you working on thread

This is a discussion on What are you working on thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-25-2018, 11:08 PM   #425
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What are you working on thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparks87
Any tips for completing the missions that require a walk? For some reason in DD only I can't draw walks. I have no issues in other modes but the AI no matter what difficulty throws too many strikes. I've been stuck on the Chris Carter and Griffey Jr mission that require you to draw a walk for ever...
Unless it's an IBB (and IBBs DO count for walk missions), they'll never walk you on Rookie. Barely on Veteran. Drawing walks on All-Star and above actually isn't that hard if that's your goal. Just be patient.

It's tricky to get the situation right, but if you put the guy you need a walk with 8th (basically in front of the pitcher), and get a 2nd and 3rd with less than 2 outs in a close game, they'll IBB you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2018, 02:20 AM   #426
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Well, I did it. Got to 200 IP with Cubs pitchers! My reward was the controversial Matt Garza card...which I now must use to get 3 wins, 40 K's, and 1 complete game.

I swear I will never be able to use another team's pitchers in this game...

Sent from my SM-J727V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-26-2018, 05:50 AM   #427
Rookie

OVR: 0

Finally finished the rookie Chipper mission, just have to do his IV mission and I'm at 70% done with him.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #428
All Star

OVR: 2

Started working on be Yankees team epic because ranked play was frustrating me too much. Gonna play around with new hitting styles because for the life of me I can’t square anything up with zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-26-2018, 12:35 PM   #429
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
Just picked up 3 doubles in one game with IV Mike Piazza.

Miracles can happen.
I need 6 more 2B's with 89 Torre and hit 3 HR in a game...fml

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 04-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #430
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Still working on stolen bases....finished Bonafacio but Hanley Ramirez and now Drew Stubbs. The CPU won’t atop throwing over even without taking a lead. I either get picked off or thrown out. I had Stubbs on first 5 times in the same game after hitting the HR needed with him and he was picked off twice and thrown out three times....one time I swear to God it looked like the pitcher threw a 150mph fastball to make sure they threw me out. Hanley just gets picked off virtually every time after 20 throw overs by the pitcher. Incidentally I don’t have this trouble whenstealing with non mission players.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #431
Pro

shark547's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Still working on stolen bases....finished Bonafacio but Hanley Ramirez and now Drew Stubbs. The CPU won’t atop throwing over even without taking a lead. I either get picked off or thrown out. I had Stubbs on first 5 times in the same game after hitting the HR needed with him and he was picked off twice and thrown out three times....one time I swear to God it looked like the pitcher threw a 150mph fastball to make sure they threw me out. Hanley just gets picked off virtually every time after 20 throw overs by the pitcher. Incidentally I don’t have this trouble whenstealing with non mission players.
I had a lot of trouble getting the Hanley stolen bases which is weird...91 speed with 91 steal and he would take off super late....and not make it...or the computer would pitch out every time....yet I can make it with 60 speed players with 50 steal ability all the time. I get that they would pay more attention to Hanley but it sucked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #432
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Did the Ryan In Relief "4 IP 4 K 1 W" mission in a pretty realistic scenario - a game on Legend where the starter was bad and I brought him in on the off chance that I came back in the game. Well....the offense woke up and I won 9-7. Ryan threw 68 pitches, got the 4th K to end the 8th inning and went all the way to the 27th out where I lifted him for Kimbrel.

No grinding, just fun baseball. I loved every minute of this game.

Also hit both of my active dailies in the game for the cherry on top.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »