Home

What are you working on thread

This is a discussion on What are you working on thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #465
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Decided I really want Pujols, which annoyingly means doing all his collections in order to even get his basic card. (or 2 collections and 5 team epics, but that would take years and probably cost just as much) I knocked out the 1Bman pretty easy as there are a lot of crappy 72/73's who are available for 25 stubs or less (that rookie Freedman can't even be exchanged for silvers so is almost worthless to people) the hats are coming along, but 165 is just so many. I'm about 60 short now which will cost maybe another 5k. Then I "just" need 55 gold jerseys at about 20k.

This really isn't fun. Give me the cards, make me play with them
The wasted stubs and the time the process takes away from playing really are only part of it. Why do I have to buy HUNDREDS of nonsense jerseys, hats and players just to make this as cost-effective as possible? I'd rather pay a 10% mark-up on the actual price of the exchanges just to not have to put in all those orders and feed them into the exchange. Ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2018, 09:27 PM   #466
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Really just debating on which cards I should grind out jersey/hat exchanges for. I might do Gibson because even though i don't need to, I just am incapable of getting K's with his Rookie Legend card. Might do Pooholes and Nolan Ryan to start. Maybe Ruth since I think it's needed to get his All-Star card.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:47 PM   #467
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:

This. This. This. Can we make a big ****ing banner that says this, get everyone at OS to sign it and send it to SDS.

The programs last year were fine. With tweaking they could have been perfect. Instead we get this nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-30-2018, 11:23 PM   #468
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Honestly, this should've been the case from the start for each of the immortal/career arcs. Make it so that you can get to the penultimate player card without a single exchange, then lock the final card behind the walls. It's not fun spending 40 minutes in menus exchanging and selling so I can buy after doing the math to see exactly how much I need so I can have an 83 overall Albert Pujols. I'll even say it's one thing to put them on a paywall ahead of diamonds, but even then the ultimate goal should be getting to the final reward, and the exchanges should be used to get there, rather than to the 88 Nolan Ryan
Old 05-02-2018, 01:22 AM   #469
All Star

I’ve decided I want Bob Gibson. Sigh. Why do I do this to myself.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #470
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdfc
Really just debating on which cards I should grind out jersey/hat exchanges for. I might do Gibson because even though i don't need to, I just am incapable of getting K's with his Rookie Legend card. Might do Pooholes and Nolan Ryan to start. Maybe Ruth since I think it's needed to get his All-Star card.
Ruth is a tough one as you can't get his Breakout card yet even if you do buy everything and most of his missions are tied to the Beakout card. You'll only be able to get that cad when the 2nd career arc mission for him comes out, which is also the time when you can unlock his immortal, so I can't see that happening any time soon. You can get his AS card if you pay the fortune for most of his exchanges, but it frankly isn't very good and only has one 5% mission attached to it, which I assume is one vf the naff single game waste of time missions
Old 05-02-2018, 10:17 AM   #471
All Star

Yeah the Ruth is disappointing in that their isn’t a version of his card even worth using except his Immortal card. Whereas the Rookie Wagner car you get at 10% is a beast.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #472
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

To be honest I think they are all missing a 75%, genuinely great card that you could just get for doing everything from the start. That would make it worthwhile but most of the ones available are just a bit crap. Like a version of them from one of their best seasons, a genuinely great card, just not the weird Frankenstein Immortal card that isn't unlockable yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »