Home

Team epics

This is a discussion on Team epics within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2018, 06:36 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Team epics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Yeah the idea that completing 5 of these is somehow a good alternative to getting an immortal 5% seems pretty deluded. That's 1000 innings pitched, 2500 plate appearances and it's not even cheaper than the jerseys as you'd have to buy 50 autographs and 120 bobbleheads.

I really don't know how these things get through without anyone mentioning how over the top they are?

on the plus side, this games obsession with giving me Rougned odor memorabilia has finally become pretty helpful. I've made about 15k from just his cards that it constantly spams me with
It's almost as if this was completely rushed and no one actually thought about it. I mean take the starting card challenges of each team. Some have 2 hits, some have a double, 2 wins/10ks etc. All of them are going to be pretty damn easy to do but the give up 10% of each teams total. 2 hits = 10%. 10%!!!! Compare that to what the pitching and hitting stats give up given the time thay're going to take and the distribution of percentage makes no sense at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #66
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0

You guys got my hopes up about selling some gear, specifically Rangers because of Napoli, I have none. Literally nothing rangers.

I also hate how you cant view price changes for souvenirs and all that in game. I care a hell of a lot more about the price changes for these diamond jerseys than I do some common player.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:09 PM   #67
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

I also love how part of the rewards for stuff are one hat or one bobble head. So in team epics if I trade in 15 bobbleheads I get 5 or 10% and they give me a hat. And in the immortal things if I trade in 3141431 hats, I get a bobblehead. **** off.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
I also love how part of the rewards for stuff are one hat or one bobble head. So in team epics if I trade in 15 bobbleheads I get 5 or 10% and they give me a hat. And in the immortal things if I trade in 3141431 hats, I get a bobblehead. **** off.
LOL, very true.

200 stub rewards when you've had to buy 5000 stubs worth of hats to get that 10% gets me every time.

Really think some of the later rewards should have been diamond gear and the old stadiums at the very least. A decent reward every 10%. Not like these are going to be that commonplace given most people don't have the time to do one or two of these team epics.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 27

I have the Phillies epic 50% complete. I made the 25% and 50% discoveries.

25% is Impact Veteran Ben Revere.
50% is Breakout Antonio Bastardo.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2018, 07:50 PM   #70
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
In the Griffey one you eventually get the Griffey shoes and I almost fell off my chair when I realised it was something I could actually use! Getting a single bronze hat as a reward in the immortal program is bordering on hilarious though, just 166 more needed to get that 5%...
Old 04-13-2018, 07:54 PM   #71
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

What I will say is these epics are a great insight into just how terrible contact hitters are on this game. Someone like that rookie Altuve has contact 96 against lefties, but is genuinely incapable of getting the ball to go past the infield because of the messed up physics. If a guy has below 40, maybe 50 power the only way you're getting a hit is right up the middle, or a bloop hit that is a line drive hit so softly it's able to land in front of the outfielders.

Compare that Altuve card to someone like Ryan Schmipf who is the opposite, 90+ power, tiny contact. That's when surely the devs must be able to see how badly they failed to balance the hitting attributes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 07:57 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
What I will say is these epics are a great insight into just how terrible contact hitters are on this game. Someone like that rookie Altuve has contact 96 against lefties, but is genuinely incapable of getting the ball to go past the infield because of the messed up physics. If a guy has below 40, maybe 50 power the only way you're getting a hit is right up the middle, or a bloop hit that is a line drive hit so softly it's able to land in front of the outfielders.

Compare that Altuve card to someone like Ryan Schmipf who is the opposite, 90+ power, tiny contact. That's when surely the devs must be able to see how badly they failed to balance the hitting attributes
Is that a common complaint? Can't say I've seen a problem with contact hitters - Altuve first game I had 3 hits, single, double and triple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »