Home

Should have renamed game as MLB 18 THE SCHIMPF

This is a discussion on Should have renamed game as MLB 18 THE SCHIMPF within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2018, 02:22 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: Should have renamed game as MLB 18 THE SCHIMPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
Schimpf was nerfed today. RIP

Thank god.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-28-2018, 02:28 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
Schimpf was nerfed today. RIP
Interesting...how'd they do that? Through the roster update by dropping his attributes? There wasn't any patch, but they could have done something seperate to the online gameplay tuning.

This wasn't just an individual player issue, so I hope dropping Schimpf's attributes isn't all they did....

Edit: Hm. Dropped a nuke on his power, -11, -15. Like I said, it's not just him - a lot of people have been able to get similar results with low vision, high power players. Gallo's another. On the surface this seems like addressing the symptoms rather than the cause, but at least it shows they're listening to the feedback.

Last edited by bcruise; 04-28-2018 at 02:33 AM.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:34 AM   #19
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Interesting...how'd they do that? Through the roster update by dropping his attributes? There wasn't any patch, but they could have done something seperate to the online gameplay tuning.

This wasn't just an individual player issue, so I hope dropping Schimpf's attributes isn't all they did....

Edit: Hm. Dropped a nuke on his power, -11, -15. Like I said, it's not just him - a lot of people have been able to get similar results with low vision, high power players. Gallo's another. On the surface this seems like addressing the symptoms rather than the cause, but at least it shows they're listening to the feedback.
Exactly. They've pretended to "fix" the problem by just lowering his power rather than addressing the issue itself, that their hitting engine is hugely imbalanced in favour of power
Old 04-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #20
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Exactly. They've pretended to "fix" the problem by just lowering his power rather than addressing the issue itself, that their hitting engine is hugely imbalanced in favour of power
I think that’s done intentionally. Little kiddies like mashing 10 HRs a game not trying to hit & run or lay down a strategic bunt. They get bored by a good pitchers duel.....I don’t agree with them but I think that’s the mind set. This game used to have great separation with its difficulty levels and sliders but now it’s all kind of mushed together and leans more arcade like. It seems all sports games are giving up on trying to be realistic and heading in a more arcade like direction as well as adding balancing mechanisms to their online play to keep everyone engaged. I don’t like this direction one bit.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #21
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I think that’s done intentionally. Little kiddies like mashing 10 HRs a game not trying to hit & run or lay down a strategic bunt. They get bored by a good pitchers duel.....I don’t agree with them but I think that’s the mind set. This game used to have great separation with its difficulty levels and sliders but now it’s all kind of mushed together and leans more arcade like. It seems all sports games are giving up on trying to be realistic and heading in a more arcade like direction as well as adding balancing mechanisms to their online play to keep everyone engaged. I don’t like this direction one bit.
This game is/was the sole reason I bought and own a playstation 3/4. Now this game is a shell of its former self. They went from the best and most realistic sports game out, to essentially a copy of EA. They completely sold out and sacrificed their gameplay in order to make DD more of a money grab. There is almost no skill gap anymore in sports games, its pretty sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2018, 01:25 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
This game is/was the sole reason I bought and own a playstation 3/4. Now this game is a shell of its former self. They went from the best and most realistic sports game out, to essentially a copy of EA. They completely sold out and sacrificed their gameplay in order to make DD more of a money grab. There is almost no skill gap anymore in sports games, its pretty sad.

In more ways than one. They’ve also become much more withdrawn and much less engaged with the community. To the point where this year they’re like ghosts compared to previous year. I’m not trying to bash them as I love them as a developer and I love their game. They’re not nearly as bad as the Madden guys who are just straight up rude and dismissive to any sort of criticism. Just disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-03-2018, 11:06 AM   #23
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

They didn’t nerf Gallo. I’ve played 4 opponents that use him and he hits a bomb HR in every game on pitches way out of the strike zone. It’s a joke. I’m hitting weak grounders on perfect timed PCI swings on balls thrown right down Broadway with Diamond players but Gallo hits bombs on pitches 99% of all players wouldn’t even make contact on. Speaking of contact do the developers know what a strikeout is? It doesnt matter where you throw the ball there is almost always contact.....smfh....
Old 05-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #24
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5

Best 66 stubs you can buy this year. as an Angel Fan he is killing it for me in DD. Not so in Franchise mode

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »