Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 09:39 AM   #2401
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

The signature team moments where you can use your own team are so much better than the earlier ones. I don’t know if they messed with the sliders or not, but I could barely get any runs when using the premade teams. When it was my own team, I breezed through every game. I think Gallo hit a leadoff homer in 80% of my games, he’s definitely broken on veteran difficulty.

I wonder what next week’s will be. I’m guessing playing against teams made up of the best players from each division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #2402
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah the first batch were way harder. They definitely messed with sliders because those sig teams had a bunch of SS cards too and weren't that different from our teams we use.

They definitely changed it

0/5 on headliners again. I'm not even hitting diamonds with the increased odds

How the **** did these things dry up so drastically

Last edited by papadell; 09-22-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:48 PM   #2403
MVP

papadell's Arena

Spoke too soon on the moments. Just got stuck in an 8 inning game against the Indians. Was winning easily 2-0 until Jose Ramirez came up and fouled off 14 pitches. Didn't matter where I threw it or what I threw. Even changeups in the dirt.

Count was full and I was annoyed so I just threw ball 4 because these things are enough of a time sink. Brantley homers on the very next pitch

Then I come back and put 3 runs on SS Miller towards the end. Some end game reliever he is

I've been buying 3 regular packs randomly since there's nothing else to do. Never pull anything and can't hit headliners anymore

Pulled Mookie Betts in the 2nd pack which is perfect since LS cards are inflated right now with the event

Praise be the diamonds

Welcome brother Betts
Old 09-23-2019, 09:07 AM   #2404
MVP

ph33's Arena

Lost a game that my super bullpen just kept giving up runs for

That alone made me walk away for 2 days

Good thing season goes two weeks into October. That's probably when I'll try to give a **** again
Old 09-23-2019, 09:18 AM   #2405
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

What did I just experience? I shelved this game weeks ago but with nothing else to play I dusted it off. Did they do something to hitting in the last patch?

First RS game I put up 9 hits 6 runs in the first inning including 2 HRs. My opponent rage quit.

Next RS game went 11 innings and I lost 14-13. Everything was a hit and a lot of HRs for both sides. I was being my usual selective e self but my opponent was making contact on everything too. It got to the point Inwas intentionally throwing balls 3 feet above the zone....Good/Squared....HR. Practically bouncing pitches in the dirt....Good/Squared HR....even Early/Ok....HR. We were both just drilling pitches around the yard.

Was this just a freak thing or did they do something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 09:20 AM   #2406
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
What did I just experience? I shelved this game weeks ago but with nothing else to play I dusted it off. Did they do something to hitting in the last patch?

First RS game I put up 9 hits 6 runs in the first inning including 2 HRs. My opponent rage quit.

Next RS game went 11 innings and I lost 14-13. Everything was a hit and a lot of HRs for both sides. I was being my usual selective e self but my opponent was making contact on everything too. It got to the point Inwas intentionally throwing balls 3 feet above the zone....Good/Squared....HR. Practically bouncing pitches in the dirt....Good/Squared HR....even Early/Ok....HR. We were both just drilling pitches around the yard.

Was this just a freak thing or did they do something?
I haven't played online but I've seen people say the opposite. Probably just happenstance after a long break

I still can't bring myself to play even with chipper as the reward. The last season I really played I went on a 12 game winning streak and still barely cracked CS before the season ended since I started so late. It's just so ****ing grindy
Old 09-23-2019, 11:19 AM   #2407
MVP

ph33's Arena

They patched the game last night. They dropped "HR/9 no longer affects exit velocity"

That is probably it...I haven't played since patch.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:25 AM   #2408
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
They patched the game last night. They dropped "HR/9 no longer affects exit velocity"

That is probably it...I haven't played since patch.
Is this a meme or are you serious

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »